1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My apologies and thanks to Castiglione

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Peeb, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

David Boren and OSU president Burns Hargis have an incredible working relationship in their united front of trying to get the most state funding for public higher education. Despite Boren's focus on improving academics and milking donors for new or renovated buildings during his time as OU president, I think that both he and Hargis really, really like their schools' athletic success. It, after all, is often the driving force behind alumni interest and donations.

Thus, I can see why OU would look out for its little brother.

3. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

4. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's big of you to admit you overreacted. This situation definitely got some emotions going. I still don't like were the conference is long term, but I feel Joe C. and Boren did a pretty good job making lemons into lemonade.

5. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

This actually doesn't shock me much. On a personal level, Boren and Hargis have been LOOONG time politicos (one on each side) in OK. There is a mutual respect there.

6. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

I second that! What he has done throughout his life to support this Nation, Oklahoma and The University of Oklahoma has left a legacy that would be hard to match. Whatever position he has held, he leaves everything around him in much better shape. He has been sorely missed in the US Senate for his expertise but I am so happy he chose to return to Oklahoma and take over as President of The University of Oklahoma to make Oklahoma one of the premier universities in this Country with facilities second to none.

7. Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka New Member

Okay great. Rah Rah JC and DB! I agree.

But I still feel like the best situation for little-brother State would have been the Pac-16 deal--if this new Big 12 experiment fails in 5 years, OU will have no troubles finding a good spot in a big conference. The same is not entirely true for OSU. If protecting OSU was a high priority, then forcing the new-conference issue should have been the move.

Mad Dog Madsen likes this.
  8. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

can someone post a link to said article?

TIA

9. okiedokie

okiedokie New Member

^^^^agree

10. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As much as the fans of both schools dislike each other and each others programs, there is a great working relationship as Badg said. This is the same with ut, its just a fact.

11. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And who came in here and said that we had to make decisions that benefited both OU and OSU?

By golly, I think it was me.

But you're right. Football rivalries are one thing; state health and reputation are another.

12. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When did Burns Hargis become LosuR Pres? Wasn't he a radio or TV talking head for a while?

13. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bingo

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Apology accepted flying dickwheel.

Boomer Mooner likes this.
  15. KBoomer11

KBoomer11 New Member

I was very skeptical of staying in the Big 12, but after listening to some interviews by Castiglione I realized that he definitely has the best interest of the university in mind and I trust whatever moves he makes for the university.

16. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

nobody knew nothing, except boren, joe and bob, and i'll roll with them.

17. SteelCitySooner

SteelCitySooner Well-Known Member

hey don't insult flying dickwheels..

StoopTroup likes this.
  18. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh but everyone knows everything, except for our stupid coaches and administrators

19. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

20. John Kochtoston

John Kochtoston CEO, Devastation, Inc.

Let's be honest: OU said it wouldn't leave OSU behind because Boren and other powers that be knew OU leaving the Big 12 without the Pokes would be a political non-starter in the Oklahoma Legislature. It sounds nice to say OU wanted to be united with OSU, but if Boren thought leaving OSU behind was politically possible, he'd do it if it was best for OU.