1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most hated commissioner going?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by sooneron, Apr 29, 2013.

?

Most hated pro sports commissioner - Who is your's?

Poll closed May 4, 2013.
  1. Roger G (neffel)

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Bud Selig (MLB)

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Gary Bettman (NHL)

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. David Stern (NBA)

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I was watching some of the draft coverage and Goodell seemed to get booed every time out to the mic. Is he the most hated?

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

It's a tradition for NY fans to boo.

I voted Selig even though his league has seemed more stable than others lately.

3. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

There are a lot of non Ny'ers that go to the draft. I went 3 years in a row back in the late 90's when I was working for a prod co that Direct TV used to hire.

4. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Gary Bettman...and he can take the head of the NHLPA with him...

Williesan likes this.
  5. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

Goodel wasn't as bad as Tagliabue, granted thats like saying dog**** isn't as bad as hitler.

Anyone with a brain in their head hates Bud Selig, but he is a purists wet dream.

I vote for Stern, the only commish ive ever heard of that has actually FINED a team for sitting their star players.

6. badger

It's Stern's own fault for heading a league where the regular season is 82 games long and the postseason is potentially 28 games long. That's 6 months of regular season and 2 months of postseason. Gag.

This is a much better poll idea than the draft ones I posted earlier, because pretty much every commish at this point has a reason to be hated... the NHL continually locking out, the NFL's lockout, the NBA's lockout, the MLB's past sh!ttyness...

7. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Unquestionably has to be Gary Bettman. 2 major lockouts in 7 years is just ridiculous. One costing an entire season 04-05 that crippled the sport. Then it almost cost them another season this year too.

8. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3 in the last 20 years if you want to go farther. A tad bit scary when you consider that he took over 18 months or so before the first one. Plus the other aspect that amps him up further in the most hated category, he was originally Stern's protege.

9. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

Roger leads.....the man is trying to ruin the game. If he had his way it would only be flag football....

10. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I said Stern because he has turned the nba into the new WWE. I have no faith in the nba anymore. Selig is a very close second because i still believe he allowed steroid use in baseball after his great strike and then goodell. I agree with OUleaf on his take of Bettman but i am not as concerned about hockey as i am the other major sports.

11. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

BTW, good poll Baj! I am curious to see how this one unfolds.

12. badger

Not my poll. I did two on the NFL draft instead. I like this idea better though :)

13. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Oh well then, a good job to the individual who did create this poll.

14. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

selig is worst thing to ever happen to any sport.
    like; winner of (worthless) all star game gets home field advantage in world series.
    many other things, like dh.

15. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

Anyone who didn't vote for Bettman doesn't watch hockey. That's not a slight, lots of people don't, but when your commissioner can't speak at most events for being drowned out by boos, there really aren't that many options.

Every commissioner is the lackey of the owners, but Bettman can't even do that right, stranding franchises in places that can't support them.

At least he put the Jets back in Winnipeg, and there are noises about Phoenix to Quebec, but those are the only positives in 20 years.

16. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I voted for Roger G, but this is an excellent point. I wonder can I change my vote?

17. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Just in time to ruin the whole realignment that is about to take place.

Glad my Stars are finally going to move into a division that contains more teams in the Central time zone. Stars have consistently had one of the most difficult travel schedules and those 9pm west coast starts are tougher to stay up for.

18. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

E. All of the above

19. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stern fixes games, rigs lotteries, and vetoed a trade in the most tyrannical of fashions.

20. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Selig destroyed the game I love by turning a blind eye to its abuses.

I think Stern is a pompous *** and a close second, but he gets credit for globalizing the game.

All commissioners should be subjected to term limits just like Presidents. They get too much power after a while and it goes to their head.