1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moment of Silence

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by soonerbub, Mar 22, 2011.

1. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

She's gone

[​IMG]

bulldozed today I didn't wanna post a pic.

:sad:

met a lotta fun college chicks & had muy brews & burgers with ya

OUDoc, soonerchk and StoopTroup like this.
  2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Uh, bye.

3. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

I'd never thought it would acctually happen...they've been talking about it forever. I didn't have the connection that a lot of you old guys had to it though. By the time I was in college I didn't consider it the hip place to be on the weekend or before a football game.

4. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

When we lost Denco's it was a sad deal. O'Connell's? Not so much. Hell, they already moved a couple years ago. It ain't like they're actually gone.

I can still get an ETW. Can I still get a Darlin'? that's what I thought.

6. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

It was fun while it lasted.

7. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Fitting that someone played taps

KC//CRIMSON likes this.
  8. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Restuants move all the time, no big deal. The new location is very nice and in prime location. I'm sure O'Connell's was well compenstated for their piece of land.

9. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

salt in the wound man

I just miss old Norman--not a fan of everything bunched up on Campus Corner

10. OU Engineer

OU Engineer New Member

yea the new oconnells is full of gelled hair, graphic tee shirt wearing juicehead *********s.

the old one was awesome. even the shuffleboard table had a slight curve to it that you really had to practice to master.

soonerchk likes this.
  11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Place I miss is the Calmez in Clinton
    Now that made me cry

12. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And then some. Ol' Stewart wouldn't be standing out there waxing nostalgic with his drink if he wasn't counting the $$ at the same time.

In all honesty, that corner has been a blight for years. Yes, they had Pad Thai, but other than that, pretty much ghetto. "ooh, but they had giant tubs of beer and we used to come out at the half and suck down some and it was so groovy..." Meh. Time to move on. Besides, carry your flask into the game. Sit down, have a drink, and enjoy the game. Why spend the 2nd quarter and then the 3rd quarter dashing across the street for a ****ty bud light?

13. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

go on :pop:

14. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Oh. You must be getting old, because every place down there is full of gelled hair dimwits. The same people from the old place go to the new place. You haven't been in Norman for a while - or at least at the bars. Right?

15. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

You can't even leave nowadays so other than being able to sit there and watch games right before the OU game starts there is no benefit to it's location. If I drank during the game I would just bring in the flask anyways instead of paying 5 bucks for a watered down can of Bud light.

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Oh the stories i could tell. It was on the Circuit :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :cool:

17. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With two lookin 'atcha.

Anybody ever see Green Goddess salad dressing anymore?

18. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hell I thought ya could still buy it???? I am get'n old:mad:

[​IMG]

19. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Oh my. I just came. Pass me a cig.

20. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Was it green?