1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mke Stoops rumored to be new DC...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ddub0224, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

...at Ohio State. I work with a the osu fan and this is going around their message boards.

2. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I was excited when I first saw this...

...but then saw it said Ohio State and not OU.

3. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Get ready to see Ohio State getting torched in the secondary.

4. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

It's very true. David actually said this about a month ago...

5. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who passes in the Big 10?!

6. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hope he refuses Urban Liar's advances!!

7. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

If I wanna see that there's no need to tune in to Ohio State, I can watch us. ;)

8. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

x 2. Other than Northwestern (who BTW, leads the B10 in passing yardage, yet is still only #36 in the nation), that entire league is predominantly downhill running (w/ a few exceptions, i.e. Denard Robinson) with play action passes mixed in. Mike would feel right at home there, or in the SEC, IMO.

9. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

he's been offered Co-DC. I think he's waiting till after OU OSU to make a decision. Don't know if Urban will wait that long.

I do NOT think he will come back here, though. Too weird.

10. Dale Ellis

Dale Ellis New Member

What is the benefit of waiting until after the OU vs OSU game? Maybe he know something about BV's future that we do not.

11. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I find it funny those supporters of BV think Mike Stoops secondary is gonna get torched at Ohio State.

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Denial is not a river.

Link

13. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I really thought I'd see Mike taking a job in the NFL before taking a job as Co-DC, but anything is possible. No Idea how much Dough he owes his ex. He's really got a big life change in front of him. From Head Coach to Co-DC? Pretty hard to swallow that but it's also better than being unemployed I'm sure.

14. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

HEY! That's just....oh yeah...true!

Why would Mike's teams get torched deep? He was the best DB coach we've had.

15. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

So when he was first asked, he said he hasn't been offered a job or anything like that. Next, he can't "comment" on the subject. Interesting...

16. allanace16

allanace16 New Member

Heck, shouldn't any potential Urban Meyer assistant be thinking "If I take this and wait it out 3-4 years, I have an inside track/shot at the HC job here when Urban inevitably leaves/quits again?" Think you HAVE to make this move if you're Mike, if for no other reason than that.

17. SoonerCLF

SoonerCLF New Member

The current interim coach for "the" Ohio State is staying on as the Buckeyes DC under Urban, so at best for Mike this would be a position coach job. I don't think he'd take that, unless he's getting no offers at all which I find hard to believe.

18. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why is that funny? They seem completely unrelated.

19. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Someone called this on this board, a while ago.

20. Dale Ellis

Dale Ellis New Member

They would think that until he stepped onto the OU campus as the new D-Coordinator, then he would be able to walk on water.

You see, once you're employed at the University of Oklahoma as a football coach, you can do no wrong, see Howard RUMinburger and John Blake.