1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavericks...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by OklahomaTrombone, Mar 21, 2005.

1. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd scream at him so he'd understand.

You know, because he's Screamin' A. Smith.

2. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dirk hits clutch 2 to put the Mavs up by 5 with 17.1 to go.

Mavs beat Seattle 95-90 and Dirk had 31 pts...

3. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OT, man why you gotta disrespect Sheed like that? Sheed can play defense, and is a leader....two things Van Horn couldn't do if his life depended on it.

4. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah but Sheed can also go crazy....

I don't link Pee-Wee can.

5. colleyvillesooner

So how much rest do we start seeing from the starters now that we have clinched the 4th spot. Tough call for Avery since the starting 5 haven't really played together all season...

6. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i was wondering that last nite, i think avery has this team going in a different direction and will keep them in some fashion of a rhythm to keep them ready for the playoffs......we cant take the 3 seed because seattle will get it as a division winner

they looked really good last nite....it was a couple of nites ago, cant remember which game when the game was fairly well in hand (maybe the memphis game)......avery pulled dirk off the bench late in the game.....i really liked seeing that

7. Scott D

hehe yah he can.....man, he got such a bad rap in Portland it's ridiculous. I blame it on that crew of delinquents he was around...he's the kind of guy that I'd want on my team....can't fault a guy for being passionate about the game...that and he's gotten fewer techs in 1.5 seasons here than he got in his last full season in Portland. Not to mention he's a great charity/community guy.

8. jk the sooner fan

count me in as a fan of rasheed wallace.....he's a hothead but i think the majority of it comes from his heart...he busts his ass on a regular basis.....i just think he has a short fuse for the mundane stupidity of the game

there was a time when he was rumored to be in a trade sending him to dallas, i would have welcomed that trade....put aside his antics, he leaves it all on the court every nite

9. Scott D

I heard something interesting during last night's game too...they were talking about how the East would likely come down to Pistons v. Heat. And that the Pistons had two clear advantages (not that it would guarantee the series to them), that being that a) unlike most teams they're not 'afraid' of Shaq...they have guys who will play him all night and have been around for awhile so they know how to wear him down. b) they've solved Dwayne Wade so we could essentially do to them what we did to the Lakers in the finals.

But back to Rasheed, do you think the Mavs would have the kind of strong personalities on the roster to help him keep his temper in check?

10. jk the sooner fan

probably not......there really isnt a clear leader on this team.......its Dirks team no doubt, but team leadership is just not a role suited for him....he's stepped up a bunch this year because he's had too, and he even called out Dampier a bit on a radio show this year......and right after that Damp went on a tear

it seems the lockerroom leadership comes from folks like stackhouse, jet terry and henderson...........finley is non-existant as far as i'm concerned...at least when it comes to leadership

i think had Sheed come to dallas, it really would have been his team for the taking....i'm not sure Nellie wanted to deal with it......although i think avery certainly could have

11. colleyvillesooner

I think the team functions better with out an internal leader. Avery is the leader...I like our chances this year if we stay healthy and continue the "D"

12. Scott D

the thought of Stackhouse being thought of as a leader in the lockerroom scares me, after his time here...dealing him for Richard Hamilton is one of the moves Joe Dumars has made that I could kiss him (in a non gay way) for....getting Sheed is another. I'm still not sure how he woulda meshed with Nellie..I mean Nellie went to Iowa....I think part of the reason Sheed is doing so well here on the court at least is because Larry is another guy who bleeds that "Carolina Blue". I do agree that I think he'd work real well with Avery though....good think Cuban was smart and got him signed for a few more years.

Colley, you're going to need someone to step up on the player's side of things and be the team leader both on and off the court...it helps a ton with player development..strong team leadership here (players), is part of the reason that Chauncey Billups is finally realizing his potential and no longer being a journeyman guard in the league.

13. jk the sooner fan

well they all mature in their own time.......stackhouse was quoted in the paper the other day as saying that in the past he would not have welcomed the 6th man role, but now he relishes it....he's changed....alot of fans were leery of him when the trade was made but he's won them over with his play

14. Scott D

I hope he means it....I want the guy to do well..truthfully, he was a fan favorite here for awhile....however, he did say some of the same things here..especially about sharing the ball.

15. colleyvillesooner

Yeah I was referring more to this years group in particular. They are still learning to work together and such, so I think it seems to be more of a "team" motto. I agree someone should step up eventually, but for right now, it doesn't bother me that we have no visual outspoken leader.

16. Scott D

I think someone definitely will, especially if/when Avery is allowed to put his stamp on the roster.

17. jk the sooner fan

damn this team looks really good.......last nite they totally shut down the Sonics in the first half........it was only close because they lit up the net in the 3d quarter

safe to say we are playoff ready....but the rockets scare me a bit

18. colleyvillesooner

How about Bradley??? Almost got a double double. He can produce some if you just leave him in there...Well need him to play like that against Yao...

19. jk the sooner fan

i got a good chuckle out of bradley last nite...it almost seemed like he had some aggression when going towards the basket.......but really funny when he just reaches up and puts the ball in, without ever lifting his feet off the floor

20. colleyvillesooner

He's like a different player under AJ. You can see it on his face during the game and warmups...he's glad to be out of Nellie's doghouse and start fresh...