1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez, who will have the better NFL career

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Aug 4, 2009.

?

Matt Stafford, or Mark Sanchez, who will have the better NFL "Career"

Poll closed Nov 12, 2009.
  1. Stafford

52.5%
  2. Sanchez

47.5%
  1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

go!

Collier11 and CK Sooner like this.
  2. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I'll say Dirty up in York.

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I can't discount the fact that one is playing when Joe Naimath did and the other is where the state of Oklahoma's Heisman winners went to lose a lot :(

4. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's Detroit.

Sanchez > Stafford.

LosAngelesSooner and KC//CRIMSON like this.
  5. DallasSooner87

DallasSooner87 New Member

If Stafford were anywhere else I would say him, but he is going to be sacked so often. A young QB with talent can take only so many hits. See: David Carr

6. JLEW1818

Lions do blow... Miami stunk 2 years ago, and made the playoffs the next year... maybe Tuna needs to go to Detroit!

7. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ive always though Stafford was overrated, look at his college completion percentages

53.6%-Fresh
    55.7%-Soph
    61.5%-Jr

51 career TDs and 33 career Ints

Granted he did get better every year but his numbers are not that good

JLEW1818 likes this.
  8. Sanchez but not because he is a better player...better franchise

9. JLEW1818

yah i always thought he was overrated... but i thought the same about dirty sanchez.......

Stafford did play against the sec "defenses" who were pretty legit. and Stafford was a 3 year starter, Sanchez only 1.

almost a toss up! that's why i asked!

but then again when was the last time, the first 2 qb's drafted in a class played long starting careers at qb? not much.... (Manning, Rivers)

chances are 1 of these 2 will be a huge bust. very likely

10. Collier11

look at UGA qbs in the NFL vs USC quarterbacks, look at Cassel who never played. Tebow also plays against SEC defenses and his stats are astronomical

JLEW1818 likes this.
  11. JLEW1818

could be

Matt Leinart did blow tho... Eli Manning is doing great.

and Cassel idd have a great year, but i aint sold until he has a couple more.. i think he will tho.

12. Again, I don't think its a matter of one guy has talent, the other doesn't..but when you look at the other 10 guys of the offense on the field with them, I would have to say the Jets front office will give Sanchez a better opportunity to succeed

13. My Opinion Matters

My Opinion Matters New Member

I think they'll both suck. Stafford has colossal bust written all over him, and Sanchez also seemed to be a pretty marginal qb to me.

14. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You do realize that the odds are that Stafford won't be the starting QB this season. Sanchez just has to deal with the unrealistic expectations of the Jets.

15. Collier11

Ive heard that Culpepper will likely start out the season and Stafford will likely take over around the game 5-8 range unless they are heading to playoff contention...pfffttt!

JLEW1818 likes this.
  16. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No way they are in playoff contention with the brutal schedule they have to open the season.

17. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

it'll also be interesting to see if ryan or flacco suffer a soph slump or if either will continue to impress.

LosAngelesSooner and KC//CRIMSON like this.
  18. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

I broke the tie. I think it will be Snachez. Detroit will always be Detroit and they aren't in great shape economically up there right now.

19. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

From what I saw from both in college I think Mark Sanchez will have a better pro career.

JLEW1818 likes this.
  20. sooner ngintunr

sooner ngintunr Well-Known Member