1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss to TCU a minor blemish on Sooners record

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by TopDog8025, Mar 10, 2013.

1. TopDog8025

TopDog8025 New Member

Yeah I know. It was a horrible loss. But I really don't see it affecting our postseason much other than moving us down a seed line or two. We're still in the tourney IMO. For more of my take you can read here. http://isportsweb.com/?p=202069 Btw thanks for all the kind comments on my past articles. I don't get on here enough to comment every time someone comments on a thread I post, but I appreciate them all!

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

saw we were the last 5 in...I think...either way I do think we are in. rather be a 12 seed than an 8/9 myself.

3. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You'd rather play a 5 seed than a 8/9?

4. One4OU

One4OU New Member

Yes....its a better second round match up than the 1 seed.

5. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

It may turn out not to be so minor with a loss to ISU. we are already sitting at presumably at an 11 slot. Another loss to ISU who is on the bubble might be enough to put us out. If it came down between us and ISU then ISU would most likely go if we lose. Maybe not but it would be very close.

6. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I disagree. Our resume is still much better than ISU's. However,I'm sure we can agree that we'd rather just beat ISU and not find out who is right!

7. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Thanks TD! Are you going to do a pre-tournament report, or just wait until the games are played?

8. 8timechamps

I spent way too much time looking into OU's standing (as it relates to the tourney) last night, and from everything I've seen, OU is in even with a loss to ISU. There is one scenario that keeps the Sooners out, but that would require several major upsets in the minor conference tournaments.

9. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Interesting. I hadn't looked at how the larger landscape impacts us but the only scenario that would scare me in the tournament is a deep run by ISU coupled with a tournament championship by Baylor, an unlikely scenario.

10. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

What a mess.

8timechamps likes this.
  11. 8timechamps

After all the time I spent last night looking at it, I never thought about an ISU/Baylor run. While very unlikely, not impossible.

At the end of all my research, I reached the conclusion that I'm just happy to have a reason to watch the selection show Sunday. It's been too long.

12. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

Touche!