1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like Hunnicutt has replaced Stevens

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Dan Thompson, Sep 25, 2011.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That guy has been money, but is having a bad year. Seems that when Pinkel iced him twice with timeouts at ASU, he developed the yips. Wouldn't have helped them anyway.

2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Better coverage on kickoffs.........check.

Better kicker on FGs and PATs.....check.

Better blocking on kick and punt returns.........???????

I'm ready to see one run back.

5-0

3. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Mizzou's kicker has a giant freaking cast on his left arm. You use your arms to keep your balance correct when you're kicking things. Thus, he's all over the place. He missed the first one, and then overcorrected and whiffed the other one the other direction.

And just about the time he manages to get used to the cast and compensate for it, it'll come off and screw him up AGIAN. The guy's going to have a ****ty season.

4. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

seriously....
    how do we recruit guys like AD, Kenny Stills...and other Sooner greats, but we cant get a great kicker at OU?

5. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

So long as our kickoffs aren't returned for touchdowns (knock on wood) I could care less if they go into the endzone. Although kicks into the endzone would be my preference of course.

6. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy to see a high kickoff caught around the 2 yard line and the KR get nailed at the 10 with a potential fumble.

Every time.

5-0

7. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Get in line behind all the rest of us that have posed that question since the departure of Hartley.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^This and it doesn't have to be at the 10. If coverage is good and we consistently keep them inside the 25, it is worth a few yards to get a chance at a turnover. It also affords a chance at a flag for holding or block in the back which is pretty common too. The downside of course is the chance of an injury, so please kick it a mile if we have a big lead :)