1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking ahead to Iowa State...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by yermom, Nov 4, 2013.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

any ideas on kickoff times?

what contingencies are there? aren't the times for next week usually set by now?

where do you guys normally find that info?

this REALLY needs to be an early game :D

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I understand them holding out. Will this be a potential spoiler of a potential Big 12 champion at its final home game on Senior Day, or just an above average Big 12 team hosting a completely mediocre zero-win Big 12 team?

If it's the former, we're looking at not-11. If it's the latter, 11 a.m. :(

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Prolly wont know til Friday at the earliest and Sat, Maybe .

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

They have TCU right before us, and don't get Kansas till after us, so it is highly likely that they will be a 1-win (Tulsa)/0-win (Big 12) team when we meet.

We really need to win Thursday, or the coaches will make players pay for the loss in extendo-week mode :(

5. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Looks like potential times are: 11:00 am, 2:30 pm, 3:00 pm, and 6:00 pm.

The game will be on Fox, or Fox Sports 1.

That's as narrow as it's going to get until next weekend, apparently.

6. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

It was chosen for 6-day window. So it will be announced Sunday, at the latest. Maybe Saturday.

7. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

The delay in scheduling has nothing to do with OU and/or ISU, it's all about the other games slated for the PAC/Big XII. I suspect they'll try to make it the early game if they can, but are holding out until they see how things play out Saturday.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

where do you find that stuff?

9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

not 6:00 PM means i can make Pearl Jam. i don't care how much Eddie hates OKC :D

10. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Any time but 11:30. I like my beer for lunch or dinner, not breakfast.

11. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Can't imagine a much better day: OU game in the morning, PJ concert that evening. Well, maybe Metallica, but I'd gladly see Mookie Blaylock in their place.

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Air Force + The Pixies a few years ago was pretty awesome

i was really sweating that kickoff time as well

13. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

14. olevetonahill

15. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i never liked the Fox coverage. i haven't seen anything on FS1 that i know of though

16. flysooner9

flysooner9 Member

Time sucks. Means no tailgating. Atmosphere will be nonexistent coming off a loss and a boring opponent combined with the early kick.

17. olevetonahill

Get a chance check out the replay. That Dopealotofus er what the **** ever his name is sounded Like he was heqdin fer the Gay Bar at 1/2 time. Voice was more irritating than Howard Cosell's !

18. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

99% of the time, i'd agree

19. HToady

HToady New Member

TV (especially Fox) has ruined college football.

Games at TCU at 11:00 in early September are brutal. Why can't cooler parts of the country have the early season 11:00 games like WVU and ISU?

Saturday is Dad's Day at OU. I've got to be on the road at 6am to make this game and see my son. However, it does leave me more time afterwards.

But the biggest issue to me is, you make a big stop, get a fumble or interception. Perfect time for a quick strike? Not anymore. You have to sit for 5 minutes for the TV commercials!

Who are we catering to these days? Certainly not the fans that pay $80+ per seat to go to the game.

20. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

FS1 needs a revamp, and quick. The coverage is flat out terrible. The after game report was even worse, and reminded me of something similar to a Wayne's World segment. It could have easily been telecasted straight from someone's basement. I honestly thought it was a commercial or joke at first.