1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOLZ.... Mack Brown to Texas!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by landrun, Dec 13, 2013.

1. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Horn fans expected him to resign tonight at their banquet and it didn't happen.

I think he might really be there for at least another year. :)

2. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

From Orangebloods.com and 247

3. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

AHAHAHAHAHA!! :mack:

CMB + UT 4 EVAR

4. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

5. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

No one down there has the huevo's to tell him to leave.

6. Edmond Sooner

Edmond Sooner New Member

Please, please, please let this be true. :mack::texan::mack::texan::mack::texan::mack:

7. BB37

BB37 Active Member

Hope the blood banks in Austin have stocked up, 'cause there'll be a lot of slashed wrists down there with this news.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

after he fired the DC, they really came on, and us kicking a lot of *** after playing them probably didn't hurt either

tied for 2nd in the conference really isn't a time to fire your coach.

i think keeping Mack Brown is the safe decision. anyone else is a gamble, and Saban ain't coming.

9. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Mack couldn't coach to save his life -- Mack is a manger. I refuse to call him 'Coach' since he doesn't coach jack ****.

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is it true that if he's fired vs resigns, they will have to pay him a LOT more money?

...on top of the situation that Saban doesn't want to go to Tx

11. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

Looks like the only thing that was accomplished was Saban getting his salary raised to a insane 7 to 7.5 million dollars a year.

12. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Why do people still listen to/read Chip Brown? "Texas to the Pac-12!" and now "Mack Brown Resigning By The End Of The Week."

Obama needs to hire this guy to try to sell his health care debacle. Just like Obama and his ilk, if Chip Brown desperately wants something to work, he'll just say it's happening whether or not it manifests in reality.

Many people think the worst thing about college football these days is the high salary of coaches, television contract determining conference realignment, and such. I beg to differ...

...the worst thing about college football these days is the "hanger on" media. Guys who, before the internet, were skimming by as small time radio or television people. Some had magazines devoted to the school. They are the worst.

They want so desperately to be a part of it. Pathetic.

13. sendbaht

sendbaht Well-Known Member

Mack will now start the "this team was young and big things for 2014"

14. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Money well spent, imo

15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

IF true,this is indeed an early Christmas present for the Sooners.

16. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think it's hilarious. Think of horn hordes down there licking their chops being told by everyone they are getting Nick Saban and they end up with Mack Brown. lol

17. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

People say this about Barry Switzer too. The truth is Mack probably just farted out a minute ago the amount of football you know compared to him.

18. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

I was at a Home Depot down in Austin and got on the over head and paged Nick Saban to please come to customer service....You should have seen all the Horn *******s ****tin and gittin to get up there......

CatfishSooner likes this.
  19. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The difference is Barry hired better assistants, that is the hallmark of all successful coaches whether they are a control freak type of coach or a "manager" type of coach. Mack hired buddies who came up with him through the years until they had wore out their welcome and he was forced to fire them.

20. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Depends on how his contract is written. Usually, resignation $$$ is negotiated,
    a firing may have a buyout clause and a desire to change coaches can be a combo
    of both....