1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lebron is f'ing unbelievable...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Soonerus, May 22, 2009.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

...his game winning shot tonight was AMAZING !!!!

2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great shot, great future, zero rings.

JMO...

he tied the Orlando Magic at home... just saying, not much of an accomplishment.

CK Sooner likes this.
  3. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wait. He just might get his ring this year.

And what's with all the meth behind you? Or is it because I've been on a Breaking Bad kick and those just LOOK like bags of meth?

4. Soonerus

Thank you Mr. 100% negative thinker...the guy is awesome...

5. JLEW1818

lol please excuse my behavior last night. I was a little bit under the influence..

However about Lebron,

In my opinion after he made that shot last night, he now is 100% in the level of MJ and Kobe. Lebron has now arrived. And i don't think he is leaving. Only thing to hold Lebron back is injury.

This is a great postseason. all 4 games so far have been 3 points or less .

Lebron may not win it this year, but he needs a Pippen or something. Or the dude is gonna kill him self out there.

CK Sooner likes this.
  6. stonecoldsoonerfan

stonecoldsoonerfan New Member

the cavs are one very lucky shot from being down 0-2 in this series. if they're going to be contenders this year, they'd better get it in gear and start playing like it.

7. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Not quite yet my overenthusiastic young pal. He has to perform at the same level for a number more years to reach that level, though I see no indication he's not going to, and a few rings would be nice too.

8. Soonerus

Rings reqiure some teammates...

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

He had three teammates that were helping him out seemingly all they could tonight. They were wearing whistles and long pants.

10. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rings do have a little value in judging a player, but they are way overrated by most people. Did KG winning a title last year all of the sudden make him an elite player? No, he will be remembered as an all-time great because of what he did in Minnesota.

11. Eielson

Yeah, but Eastern Conference Championships don't.

12. JLEW1818

I'll say it again. When comparing great players to great players, you look at rings.... it really is that simple...

Imagine if Dan Marino and Karl Malone had 1 ring.

I'll take the rings, yall can take the points.

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Near the end of the game last night when it mattered the most, it seemed like he just didn't have what it took to win this series like he did in Game 2.

He clunks two free throws... misses a shot... misses another shot... gets called for goal tending... game over.

It just wasn't the Cav's night like it was two days ago. If the NBA still has the same playoff format I remember (outside the Finals), the Cavs will return home down 3-1... they'll win game 5 probably, but still lose the series. I just don't see them winning this series.

Lebron is a good player, but this is not his year.

14. Soonerus

Cavs will win it all this year then you ring-groupies can stfu...

15. badger

I seemed to have misplaced my three championship rings ;)
    [youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZ059Av2JJk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZ059Av2JJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

(I am not a Kobe fan, but this ad campaign is funny)

16. JLEW1818

your on! :)

17. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

In a NBA season: 2,000 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists. Oscar Robertson did it 4 times. MJ did it once, Bird did it once. Lebron has done it 4 of his first 6 years in the league. Ridiculous.

18. badger

I know that MJ has six championship rings, but I see a more well-rounded player in Lebron James than I ever saw in MJ. The way Lebron will go up for blocks and get back on defense is something I never really saw in Jordan, who during the first part of his career would only fly for a more spectacular dunk, not for defense... kind of like Kobe's first few years, heh.

Plus, seeing this guy in press conferences is just funny... he has a really bubbly personality and the way his head moves after wins... it's like he's a human bobblehead! Seeing how he celebrated the game winning shot is perhaps the biggest difference between him and the "Next Jordans" or original MJ... he went to celebrate with teammates, as opposed to fist pumping off by himself.

...despite that, I will stick with my original statement that this is not Lebron's year.

19. Eielson

You can have Tyler Hansbrough. I'll take Blake Griffin.

20. badger

It's worth posting again... with all thanks to HeyBC
    [​IMG]