1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KU is running MU out of the gym.

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Rock Hard Corn Frog, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

We need to bring our A game Wed night because we are going to be playing a wounded MU team.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Mizzou getting taken to the woodshed...

KU 45
    Mizzou 19

at the half.

Maybe Mizzou isn't as good as I thought.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Heh...I said "Taken to the woodshed"

4. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

That works too.

I don't think it makes the game any easier in Columbia. I still expect MU to play us tough and try to come after us with full court pressure. If we come to play we will handle it fine. They still will be dangerous.

It is apparent though that MU is NOT a top 15 caliber team. They are an athletic team that can take advantage of opponent mistakes with their system and win big if you can't respond, especially at home. If they don't get at least 20 points from transition though then they don't win.

5. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

dude the big 12 tourney should be insane

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Goodbye, last-chance-at-share-of-Big-12-regular-season-title WHICH NormanPride reminds me doesn't matter BECAUSE the only way we get a solid seeding is through the Big 12 Tourney Championship and not the Regular Season THEREFORE I am looking forward to the revenge game. :D

7. FroggyStyle22

FroggyStyle22 New Member

How great would it be for KU to beat us in the conference tourney and then we come back and beat them in the NCAA finals. Not that I ever want to see OU lose (except to my frogs), but it would be a little bit of justice. JMHO

8. KingBarry

KingBarry New Member

Badger, not to quibble, but isn't the Big XII Tournament Champion crowned AFTER the NCAA seedings are announced? If so, the key is to get to the Championship Game, not necessarily to win it.

Though winning it would be good, too.

9. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Not this year. The champion will be crowned on Saturday and then the selections are made on Sunday.

Wednesday, March 11
    G1 #8 Seed vs #9 Seed 11:30 a.m.
    G2 #5 Seed vs #12 Seed 2:00 p.m.
    G3 #7 Seed vs #10 Seed 6:00 p.m.
    G4 #6 Seed vs #11 Seed 8:20 p.m.
    Big 12 Network

Thursday, March 12
    G5 #1 Seed vs G1 Winner 11:30 a.m.
    G6 #4 Seed vs G2 Winner 2:00 p.m.
    G7 #2 Seed vs G3 Winner 6:00 p.m.
    G8 #3 Seed vs G4 Winner 8:20 p.m.
    ESPN2

Friday, March 13
    G9 G5 Winner vs G6 Winner 6:00 p.m.
    G10 G7 Winner vs G8 Winner 8:20 p.m.
    Big 12 Network

Saturday, March 14
    G11 G9 Winner vs G10 Winner 5:00 p.m.
    ESPN

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  10. badger

Quibble away, your highness ;)

OK, upon reading 28's response to the King's, looks like it DOES land early this year, which I fully endorse, because I'd rather watch OU beat Kansas than Dickie V b!tch and moan about the 5 most deserving teams that will now land in the NIT instead of the NCAA's... but NOW I can watch BOTH!

If we have a shortage of threads on the basketball forum during the rest of the season (hahahahahahahaha), I would be concerned that ending the tourney a day early (is this a new NCAA requirement?) would make more-recently-declared-champions have a better chance at a better seed, unless this is what all conferences are now doing. So, perhaps a discussion in changes to the postseason tourneys is in order?

In any event, I am hopeful that OU, Tulsa, and Oral Roberts represent the state very well in the NCAA's. As for OSU, whatev :rolleyes:

11. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

This from Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World last week.

12. badger

Be careful what you wish for. The basketball gods do not take kindly to this type of cockiness.
    [​IMG]