1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kordell Stewart announces his retirement

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, May 30, 2012.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. nativesooner

nativesooner New Member

lol! what the heck!? Who's next, Boz?

3. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

Good excuse to have a party I guess.

4. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So he hung around for six seasons waiting to see if a team would sign him and only now decided it was not going to happen?

5. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll never forget the Hail Mary at Michigan. We had just played golf and were grubbing at a popular south Tulsa grill. I yelled aloud (although I hate Colorado). Within seconds there were guys strolling back to our bar area to see what the fuss was about.

Poor married bastards.

6. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

The first couple of years it was kind of sad. He stayed at home just in case someone called. Every once in a while he would pick up the phone to make sure there was still a dial tone.

OUDoc likes this.
  7. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

The Mike Vick/ Vince Young of the nineties. Wasted talent.

8. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We were eating at some Cherry Street restaurant (can't even remember what it was). Pretty amazing play.

9. Soonerwolf

Soonerwolf New Member

10. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The quote Rush should have been referring to Kordell instead of Donovan with:

Seriously --- the guy sucked. He lucked out by playing in Pittsburgh for awhile, where the fans will love you just by virtue of wearing a Steeler uniform. He might have been something had he been a running back or a receiver, but without that Hail Mary at Meatchicken, would he have ever had a chance of being an NFL quarterback?

Now Rush needs to go back and revise that quote for the media desperate for Tim Tebow to succeed.

But... nothing personal against Kordell. He just got way to many kudos for doing way too little. Kind of like Teebz is now, yes.

11. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Most exciting Hail Mary ever, IMO. Stewart was standing on his own 26 when he launched the pass and it was tipped right at the goal line by a receiver jumping as high as he could. 100,000+ Umich fans go silent instantly.

12. badger

lol at #63 o-line guy that Kordell runs by after the catch. ah, the era of showing off your stomach cuz your jerseys wouldn't cover it :eek:

[youtube]5Nt6HjqtJt8[/youtube]

EDIT: Also from that video --- Where's Waldo?
    [​IMG]

Hint: Waldo is a CU fan wearing a "**** NEBRASKA" shirt and it made it on national television, hehe. 4:12 is when Waldo first appears

13. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

well we can all look forward to TO's announcement in 2018.

14. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

TO just got fired from the wranglers.

15. badger

Ja, and it wasn't because he's too old, too slow or not catching or anything. Apparently he just refused to go on away games and make a fan appearance locally. So, they're like "bye loser" and TO's like "Focused on getting back to the Neffel."

16. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is this some union dealio or such, to retire while attached to a team?

17. badger

I remember Emmitt Smith getting a really short Cowboys contract so that he could retire a Cowboy. No idea if it's a union thing or not

18. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

It's symbolic, at least in Emmitt's case it was. He just wanted to retire as a Cowboy.

19. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

He's 38.

20. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Great athlete, but only really had about 1 good year in the NFL, 2001 I think.