1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kentucky Wins, Lexington Burns!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by lexsooner, Apr 4, 2012.

1. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

I have lived in Lexington, Kentucky, since 1994, and UK has won three national titles in basketball during this time period. I grew up in Oklahoma on OU football and worked in D.C. surrounded by Redskins fans, but UK fans are unmatched as far as sheer loyalty and well, craziness. When UK won on Monday night, I counted and it took two minutes before a barrage of fireworks started going off in my neighborhood. This continued for over an hour. Never mind about downtown and campus. Mind you, this is a nice, quiet bedroom community, but not after UK won the big one. When the Cats played in the Final Four, restaurants were empty and events postponed so that people could watch the games. The national title is about all 90% of my Facebook friends talk about.

Has anyone ever seen anything which matches this, at least in the U.S.? Bless their hearts, as they like to say in these parts, they can't help it - they are part of the Big Blue Nation!

2. GDC

GDC New Member

What's the over/under on how long till the NCAA makes them vacate the title and Calipari jumps ship (again)?

3. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

saw where all 5 KY starters are turning pro.