1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenny Stills, Kyle Prater , Darius White High Interest

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MojoRisen, Jun 17, 2009.

1. OU44life

OU44life New Member

If you've seen this already, forgive me, but if not here ya go. Either way its sounds like some really promising news.

Clay loves time in Oklahoma

Brennan Clay (San Diego, Calif./Scripps Ranch) gave an early commitment to Oklahoma after also looking at Michigan and Oregon. He took his official visit to Norman this past weekend and said he had the time of his life.

"It was incredible," Clay said. "I'm so glad I went because I actually committed before I ever visited there. Everything about the school was great and I loved the campus and the city of Norman has a lot more to do than I anticipated.

"The game atmosphere was absolutely nuts and there was a section of fans that were chanting my name and had posters that said, 'Clay Maker' on them. It was just a crazy experience and then going out with the players after the game was sick too.

"Jonathan Miller was my host but Jovan Harris and Gabe Lynn were with me and actually all the players were together when we went out. That's why it was so cool, the whole team is like a big family and we had a great time."

With Clay's recruitment over and done with, he has been doing plenty of recruiting on his own.

"I think were going to get (Kyle) Prater," Clay said. "He backed off his USC commitment and I think we have a great shot at him. To be honest, I think we can get Prater and Darius White, I'm praying for that. I talk to those guys every other week or so to try and keep up with them and we would have an incredible class if we land everyone I think we have a chance with."

Source is the ESPN West Coast Recruiting Blog.

boomersooner28 likes this.
  2. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great stuff....thanks!

3. OU44life

OU44life New Member

You got it! That would be one heck of a class! If we could snag Jeffcoat and Henderson as well, though Henderson isn't realistic, it would be fantastic.!

4. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

Wow, for real? I know the speculation on this board for a while has been that Darius White is likely headed this way, but the Prater news is all the more surprising because I thought Clay was tighter with Stills than Prater. Did I get my wires crossed on that somehow? Anyone have insight into that?

5. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

A lot of the Under Armor and Army All American kids keep in contact with one another.

Nothing Earth shattering

6. SCxxSOONER

SCxxSOONER New Member

Anyone know when we can expect a decision for any of these 3 guys?

7. w0lfe

w0lfe New Member

good read. That would be an awesome class. Im glad to know he is doing his share of recruiting. That class would be nasty good

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

damn this class could be Elite

9. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

Looks like we are going to get both Stills and White.

Kyle Prater is up in the air, but I think it will come down to us and the Illini.

JLEW1818 and KHS Sooner like this.
  10. zeptrey

zeptrey New Member

What about the big Tackle out of Minnesota? Seantrel Henderson

11. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rivals still has Prater as a verbal to USC. I don't subscribe to anyone, though. I'm guessing they just haven't updated that yet.

12. CK Sooner

Yep, soft verbal.

13. CK Sooner

I am trying to remember, but I THINK that he cancelled his visit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

14. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

He was seen celebrating with the USC team after the Ohio State game, where he was taking an official visit. So, you know, there's that.

15. Toronto Sooner

Toronto Sooner New Member

I know we have Millard committed to OU, but any chance we get a top 10 Rivals100 TE also - it's important to get a couple of quality TEs in this class given our lack of quality on the team right now. I see that Christian Thomas is the only top 10 TE not committed as yet - ranked #3 TE. He is high on USC and UCLA, but he has OU listed as second tier consideration (along with 9 other schools). Why would he still consider USC? They already have the #1 and #8 TEs in the class already committed. Christian Thomas will likely see little playing time over the next couple of years at USC. Also, why would he go to UCLA? They are still useless, and will likely be for a while yet.

Any word on this kid?

16. CK Sooner

We are going after a junior college tight end.

17. Big D Sooner

Big D Sooner New Member

Who?

Also, has anyone heard anything about the guy who transferred from Kilgore JC?

18. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

He's about 6'7", 250-ish. If it's the same guy, I think they are redshirting him so he can learn more of the offense, since he was a QB at Kilgore.

19. w0lfe

w0lfe New Member

Hopefully these recruits see how much we need playmakers

20. OU44life

OU44life New Member