1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kellen Winslow's injuries even worse than first suggested

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by CShine, May 7, 2005.

1. CShine

CShine New Member

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/4460612/detail.html

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

as much of an asshat that he is, this still sucks. i mean i hated Miami but he was REALLY good.

although, wasn't the "Soldier" comment after he seriously injured someone on a block?

what comes around goes around...

3. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He is a jerk, he did it to himself in a non FB thing. I have no sympathy. I am not laughing about it but I sure as hell not shedding any tears for him.

Real soldiers have had much worse done to them. Those men and women I care for.

4. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

" . . . broken tibia and femur, along with a fracture to the large bone in his thigh."

Been a while since I worked in the medical field, but I thought the large bone in his thigh was called the femur.

On the other hand, if they are referring to the large bone resting against his thigh, those are some really serious injuries.

5. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

Couldn't of happened to a bigger prick!

r5TPsooner likes this.
  6. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Motorcycles and pro athletes just don't mix; Roethlisberger could be the next if he isn't careful.

John

7. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

They meant tibia and fibula, along with a broken femur.

At least he didn't break his lemur.

8. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So does anybody know if this voids his NFL contract?

9. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Suuucks to be him...

I hope he fully recovers and I'd still like to see him play. He and his dad, although incredibly gifted at sticking their foot in their mouth, seem like alright folks.

10. Sooner_Bob

Sooner_Bob SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wow, I heard that he was more seriously injured than what they first thought, but dang, this sounds much worse.

I may not like his attitude but this just stinks for him and his career.

11. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Theoretically it could...wonder how long until his dad decides to kick his ass for being stupid.

12. Beef

Beef SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sounds about 20 years too late. :)

13. BeetDigger

BeetDigger SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think that if he can't every play, then it pretty much takes care of his contract. The only outstanding issue is the bonus they gave him. The Browns could go after it if he violated his contract. I am sure all of this will be resolved as his status is determined.

14. BeetDigger

BeetDigger SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What is that (negative) inspiration poster that says something to the effect of one's life serving as a bad example to others? Winslow Jr. pretty much fits that poster to a T.

15. GottaHavePride

Since he hasn't posted this over here, I'll give him the credit:

16. GottaHavePride