1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** just got real!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Eielson, Feb 3, 2015.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

We're giving Baker a chance, unlike Tech, who wouldn't put him on scholarship and did everything they could to keep him from playing at OU as long as possible.

Also the SF.com "poll" was probably not all football-related :p

2. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Okay, TDTW,
    Here's my prescription. It'll take at least this much for what ails you.

Get some Elavil. Good, old school anti-depressant. Tried and true, cheap, covered on most med plans. Get the 30 mg dosage. Pop open a bottle of champagne, take 24 of the Elavil six times daily along with a coupla hard pulls at the champagne until the mood improves. Take a break for 3-4 stout bong hits of the best pot you can find. I recommend 'Salmon River Quiver'. Never fails. Do this 4 times daily. Then beat off. Furiously. As many times as you can muster while still conscious.

It's an extreme regime, but it's gonna take at least that to tackle your grumpiness.

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some of what he is saying is true, but over the top.

It's all over the top, though, and most of it's just crap. Especially when it comes to keeping up with the times. To me, going 9 straight seasons at Texas Tech without a losing conference record, and being top 25 five out of his final six year, is more impressive than coaching at school like OU/Texas/USC/tOSU and winning only one NC in 10 years. Winning NC's may be the bar at OU, but not at places like Tech. That program is awful. What Leach did there was nothing short of amazing, and he also played a major role in our most recent NC.

Also, we may have won 13-2 against FSU, but Oregon beat FSU 59-20, tOSU beat Alabama 42-35, and tOSU beat Oregon 42-20. Games are rarely won 13-2 in this day and age.

4. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

On the Leach part of it, I love Leach. I'd trade Bob for him in a second. If nothing else he can't do worse than Bob has the past few years, and also quite unlike Bob he has a personality.

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you love Leach, or anything that has to do with him, then you strongly disagree with about 70% of what TDTW has to say.