1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julio Jones?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Desert Sapper, Oct 9, 2007.

1. setem

setem DTF

I know a few girls who might help him make up his mind! Blue Chips style!!!

Nothing like them white girls!!!

I can here it now at the games...Julio Jones for the touchdown....

Crowd: Ju...Li...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I can only hope that the band director would figure out that playing "Me and Julio" after he scores would be cool.

3. Purple Tiger

Purple Tiger New Member

Bama football is light years ahead of Okie football. Check rivals and scouts rankings last ten years.Check number of Div 1 signees each year by each state. Will OU sign 5 instate kids this year? 5 to 8 is their average.

4. LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe New Member

Duh.........wasnt football invinted in TX. TX high school football is where its at.......

5. LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe New Member

Why do we want Ok talent when we can just go south and hand pick the superstars from TX, so long as the coaching carosel is going on @ aTm, and Mack is at UT, where do you wanna play.........BOOMER!!!!

6. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

bama HS football is not necessarily better than Oklahoma HS football.

They are about the same.

The difference is, OU is able to pull more talent out of Georgia, Texas, and Louisiana than Oklahoma or Alabama.

7. insuranceman_22

insuranceman_22 New Member

I think on average they are probably about the same, however Bama does produce more 5 star athletes out of it's high school ranks. But if you take Bama's best team and match them against Union/Jenks I think you'll have a good game. The style and teams would be competitive between the states, but they do seem to have a few more of the elite "rated" athlete's.

Now as far as elite rated.....How many stars did Rocky Calmus, Teddy Lehman, Jason White ....... and a few more have? Those are 3 Oklahoma kids, three college all-american's, a heisman winner & two butkus winners.......that's my take on the ratings (they ain't always right)

8. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Umm, not to bring down my home state here. But Hoover Alabama and Union recently played and Hoover kicked their asses 34-7.
    So maybe that's not a good argument. But I bet you from top to bottom, Oklahoma and Alabama high schools would be really competitive

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  9. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that was also the worst Union team in a Decade and Hoover was on their streak of title teams

10. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

OU recruits nationally.

Texas Tech, Okie State, Tulsa, and Kansas all recruit the Sooner state pretty heavily. Texas A&M is also battling for Oklahoma talent. If you have a breakdown with facts, maybe somebody will listen to your ramblings.

Just saying 'Bama football is light years ahead of Okie football' is fallacious. The talent level is slightly higher at some schools, slightly lower at others. It's highschool ball. It's not like Bama is running the spread or the West Coast, or that their Ds are much more complicated. They run high school offenses and defenses with high school players. Meaning they run the ball and play to stop the run. Occasionally throwing the ball.

Now California, Florida, and Texas ball? That's a different story. Some of those schools run complex pro offenses and defenses. But not in Bama. I'm sorry.

Why are you still here?

11. illinisooner

illinisooner New Member

There's a house on Lindsey with some big signs saying "We Want Julio"...hopefully he sees that while he's here this weekend. And hopefully that's not some random NCAA violation.

12. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Not unless the billboard that Gundy used to get Richetti Jones was.

13. Watch Me Stride

Watch Me Stride New Member

if anyone heres anything on how his visit went let us know please

14. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

why do you people play Purple Tiger's game. He only posts in threads where he can take shots about where OU recruits come from and not being 90% in state recruits.

15. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

If nobody ever refuted him, people would start to buy into his BS.

16. OU-HSV

True, but they still embarassed Union at Union's house. Union had a 57 game home winning streak to that point.
    A recap of that '06 season: Union lost to Jenks only 9 to 6 in the regular season...and to a damn good Muskogee team they only lost 21-7 and then by 2 points in the playoffs. And Muskogee lost to Jenks 52 to 35 in the semis of the playoffs. And remember that Jenks went on to win the state championship that year. So, after 3 losses in a row to open the season, Union dominated all their opponents for 7 straight games after that. Including the team that played Jenks in the 6A champ game that year.
    Therefore, I stand by my statement/opinion that Hoover beat one of our most competitive 6A football teams. Down year or not, Union was still a very solid/competitive team that season.
    The bad thing is I'm a former B.A. player and still a big B.A. fan...and we haven't beat those f*ckers in a long long long time.

17. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

But that game was their first witha new coach and a new system if i remember right... and it was the friggin Wing T. Just sayin.

18. OU-HSV

True, but still

19. insuranceman_22

insuranceman_22 New Member

Ok, ok enough about Union & Hoover. So Hoover was the largest of the "4" losses by Union that year.........new coach, down year........how bout they get together next year (if that's scheduled I sort of shot my foot, but...)

20. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

First year HC, fired at season's end and one of the youngest and worst Union teams in recent memory. I say this as someone who doesn't particularly care for the Redskins.