1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julio Jones?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Desert Sapper, Oct 9, 2007.

1. INGRAM1

INGRAM1 New Member

I would not mind getting both of them. Owens can play safety according to rivials. I wonder how good he is at that position? Anyone know?

2. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

We don't need another safety. We have too many of them

3. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

4. jccouger

jccouger Member

With Bama sucking, maybe he does decide to come here.

5. soonerdave79

soonerdave79 New Member

I would thing that having the most efficient qb in the ncaa throwing to you would be rather appealing as well.

6. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

If either of them watched us play this year, they would see that we have had multiple receivers break 100 yards receiving this year. The opportunity is certainly there for the taking. Sam can get them the ball. What they do with it after it hits their hands is up to them.

It also shouldn't hurt much to have a steady stream of star prep QBs lining up to take over when Sam is done. Nichol is waiting in the wings and Landry Jones is on the way.

And MK is probably gone after this year, so having somebody ready to come in and get all those touches would benefit them and us. They just have to be game enough to step into those big shoes.

7. KHS Sooner

KHS Sooner New Member

CK Sooner likes this.
  8. insuranceman_22

insuranceman_22 New Member

He'd definately be a nice addition to the WR fold.....

9. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

'Bama fans around here are going crazy about this kid visiting OU.

Nevermind...Blue cleared up his comment.

10. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

not to scare anyone, but his final visit before signing day is to Pass Happy Valley down in Lubbock. Hopefully Leach will be gone before then ;)

11. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Yikes. Crabtree and Jones would be pretty tough to stop, I'm guessing. I hope he is more interested in winning championships than individual awards.

12. Scott D

that's what I'd like to think as well. But, people need to realize that with the success of a Crabtree, or a Maclin (to a lesser degree) there are players who would normally be locks for teams competing to win championships, that coudl easily consider 'lesser' schools because they could play early, and be in a type of offense that plays to their skill set. Looking at his scheduled visits it's kinda wierd. He visits Bama this month, then does his other four visits in the span of about 6 weeks I believe. We're in the middle of his list of official visits, and Tech ends that list.

13. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

If PT is what he's worried about, he'll have an opportunity to compete for a spot in the spring if he's here or the summer otherwise. My guess is that MK will leave a void at WR that we will NEED to fill.

14. Scott D

I concur, and I'd love to have Jones in our recruiting class. It's going to be a tough 'battle' no matter where he decides to go. I just hate competing for a receiver with a school that has no issue with throwing 70 passes in a game.

15. KHS Sooner

KHS Sooner New Member

John Parker Wilson blows :D

StoopTroup and CK Sooner like this.
  16. Scott D

true enough, but I doubt it'll be long before Star Jackson is the starting QB for Alabama.

17. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

*AHEM*

http://roundtableradio.com/

go here, halfway down, clips from the roundtable......interview of julio......scroll down and look for 11-29 Foley WR Julio Jones on recruitment

looking good. keep your fingers crossed.

18. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Thanks for that. He did mention OU a couple times. I'd have to guess from his discussion that Bama, Florida, LSU, and OU lead. I like the way he called Sam Bradford 'that lil' ol' Freshman at OU.' Heh.

Doesn't it seem very unwholesome that ESPN is going to fly him out there (meaning to CT, I guess) to announce live on TV? He's a High School kid.

19. starrca23

starrca23 New Member

Well, He did mention that the OU visit was one of his top visits, he also said that turning out pro talent and having a staff that will work him are important. We do that stuff!

20. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

And we lift us some weights in the off-season! Just ask all those guys that quit to run to other, lesser, programs. Boo-yah!