1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joshua Jacobs

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by swardboy, Jan 26, 2016.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Kid has some serious wheels. Our rb coach visited him this week and he is visiting Tuscaloosa(and Mizzou supposedly also) this weekend. The word around here is he is just waiting on a formal offer and then he's Bama bound. Of course, that was before he just got his 4th star. I fully expect Stoops and Gundy to put the full court press on him now. I guess my question is why has he not already been on anyone's radar?

My only concern about him is the level of competition he has played against in HS. Back when I lived in the state, my HS used to play Tulsa McClain in 4A. Are they still in that classification?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. Williesan

Williesan Member

McLain still in 4A? Yes they are - but we go up to 6A now. (Been that way since the early/mid 90's). So they are paired with the Oologah's and Wagoner's in their district. In fact, of the nine Tulsa schools, only Booker T. is 6A (division 2) and four (Central, Rogers, McLain and Webster (3A)) are lower than 5A now. Here's the breakdown for the next two seasons for your reference:http://www.ossaaonline.com/docs/2015-16/Football/FB_2015-16_1617Districts.pdf?id=5

4. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's really interesting. Back when I was in Miami, Bixby, Owasso, and Tulsa(Bishop) Kelley were all in 4A in the old 'metro lakes' conference.

5. Williesan

Williesan Member

Tell me about it. When I played baseball at Tulsa Edison (91-93), places like Skiatook and Collinsville were 3A at best. Now, they are 5A powerhouses. Cache was 2A and are 4A. The first time I heard of Edmond-Deer Creek was at the 4A finals the year after I graduated. Now: 6A-II. EGADS I FEEL OLD!!!

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If remembering when Skiatook sucked makes you old, then we're all old. They were falling all over themselves when I saw them play 5-6 years ago.

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This kid is from Mclain ACADEMY. Is that different from Mclain H.S.?

8. Williesan

Williesan Member

All of the TPS high schools now have an area of specialized study now (I.e BTW = Magnet/IB, Edison is college prep; Webster = digital/media technology; McLain = Science/Math academy; Central = Fine/Performance arts). Probably attached "academy" to the school name to make it a bit more attractive.

9. Michaeltug

Michaeltug Member

10. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

11. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

12. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member