1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Exactly!

2. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I am assuming, and yes I know what that does. Let's just say, that while I'm hopeful the university does the right thing, I'm less than confident that it will.

Proper support? I think in this case he should get a lollipop, a medal, a pat on the butt, and told to get out there and play some football. But then I think the drunk obnoxious skank he hit had it coming.

3. manateepower

manateepower Member

To all the people in this thread who demands Mixon's expulsion because a "Man, should never hit a woman, ever."

Well, first of all Men, should not put their hands on ANYBODY, male or female, that goes for a woman as well. Anyone who has made that quote in this thread implies, at least to me, there is some violence that is acceptable, which is contemptible in my opinion.

It is pretty obvious based on the facts of this incident Miss. Molitar is likely to misbehave in a number of situations, including this one, where she triggered a unpleasant reaction from Joe.

Was his response the right thing to do? Absolutely not. But it would not have been the right thing to do, even if it was between Joe, and another man. The best thing to do, in this situation is to walk away.

He got angry, and acted in not the best possible way, but also not the worst, he could have very well instead have done what Molitar accused him of doing, which would have been inexcusable. But again, it would have been inexcusable even if she was a man.

So at this point, one person was behaving very poorly, and the other momentarily snapped. Does, that call for a dismissal? Or does that instead call for a sit down with someone a little older and more experienced to explain to Mixon that you are going to run into jerks all of your life, especially if you go on to play in the NFL, you can't control them, you can only control how you act in the future, if you can't handle that, then don't go out."

To all of you people demonizing Mixon, saying he should not have snapped, or been there in the first place, I would ask you to reexamine your own shortcomings. Everyone who has ever lived on this earth has done things we regret. Some of them require serious repercussions, others require forgiveness and a life lesson for going forward. You guys are not perfect, and have done things that have hurt others greatly. You can only hope that you are not treated the same way you treat others.

Pricetag likes this.
  4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, then I think the odds are very high you're correct - no proper support. But I also think you're a small minority that thinks this way. Ignoring Boren, I don't think Stoops would go with zero punishment given what's he's done in the past. I think keeping him on the team with a few games suspension would show lots of support. That's assuming he pleas the sentence or his lawyer gets a dismissal. Not sure what would happen if he fights it to the end and loses.

5. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

supposedly a player on my son's baseball team (Ks Juco) has been suspended..the player told my son he told a girl, "hey you're really pretty...I think I need to confiscate your number"...supposedly a teacher heard that and turned him in. The girl did not complain about it.

Again, this is all coming from the players mouth that got in trouble...but if it's true the way he said I am totally amazed at the OVER KILL.

I've told my son to just keep his mouth shut and play ball. He actually said, "I hope I don't get in trouble for something I do that I don't even know I did something wrong"...

I understand Mixon went too far but man this $hit is getting crazy.

6. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Without a plea that resolves this quickly, I don't see Mixon playing this year. As long as the case is open, it's tough to reinstate him. Kind of sucks, because Mixon wants to fight this, per his lawyer.

I think we may see a plea next week.

7. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Women want equality, learn to take a punch. :devilish:

8. SoonerKnight

SoonerKnight Well-Known Member

Seems a lot of people are confusing law with their own personal beliefs. Mixon tried to walk away. He was pushed then slapped and he reacted. Funny thing is the DA admits that if it had been another guy the case would have fizzled w/ no prosecution.

Gender is not part of the law. The DA's case is lost for several reasons.

1. No charges on the aggressor (Molitor)

2. The DA stated that he charged Mixon not because of the law but moral belief. Not his job.

3. Molitor was extremely drunk asked to leave before this incident. Not a credible witness especially her prior record.

The DA filed cuz of politics not because it was a clear violation of the law.

9. BoulderSooner79

And a lot of you are confusing the law and the behavior that is expected from an OU football player. As far as the law is concerned, this mostly likely goes away - either by dismissal or after a probation period. Stoops (or maybe even Boren) will decide how this impacts Mixon's playing status.

birddog likes this.
  10. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mean Perines got us covered. Let Joe sit and mature mentally and physically then toss him in the mix next year. If Joe doesn't wanna red shirt let him get a fresh start somewhere outside the conference. Someone mentioned usc, maybe he'd fit in there? Whatever stoops believes, he's got enough experience in handling these things.

11. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

That's a very important distinction. There were many comments here and other boards where Joe just took it & took it until he couldn't take it any more and punched her...That's not how it went down. Joe is fortunate he only is charged with a misdemeanor.

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

You were there? You saw it happen? Please tell us the details.

13. SoonerKnight

The University has a student code of conduct! Yes. No one talks about Molitor's conduct or that she should face discipline as well underage drinking! Holy cow people so quick to say "poor poor girl!" Bull crap she needs to be held just as responsible her actions reflect poorly on the school just as much as Mixon.

I am a deputy and she would have had her BAC checked at minimum if I was there.

14. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Welp, I'm not gonna read all 572 posts, so I don't know if it's
    been mentioned, but, no matter what, Mixon orta be happy
    that Jack Reacher is a fictional character...jus sayin....

15. manateepower

manateepower Member

This is an egregious enough of an offense to be removed from office in my opinion.

16. manateepower

manateepower Member

The sad thing is, that if you worked for ESPN and said this, you would be suspended.

17. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Exactly. Well said. Gotta love "equality" huh

18. BoulderSooner79

No one talks about Molitor's conduct because no one gives a ratz azz. Her punishment is not relevant to the OU football team. She may get expelled, or if she is smart, I doubt she's ever show her face on campus again regardless. (Yes, I know she is proven not smart, I just mean when sober she may be "smart enough"). I haven't seen many people call her "poor poor girl" here - maybe you're reading another board.

19. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

In a way I feel sorry for Molitor. They're doing her a great disservice. By not facing any legal consequences for her actions there's a good chance she won't learn from her mistake.

20. SoonerKnight

BS! Her behavior affected the OU football team plenty! If she had not been drunk this very well may not have happened! The school nor DA's office is holding her accountable.

So, don't GAF about what happens to her but w/o consequences every current and future OU player is at risk because they will be punished for both parties.

Does anyone here believe that Mixon's intent was to cause harm or trouble that night? A sober Mixon and a drunk Molitor? But let's hold a kid barely out of HS to such a high standard that it sours him on OU! He reacted to a bad situation in a way that usually takes a lot of patience to get out of!