1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jenna Plumley arressted

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Ardmore_Sooner, Jul 15, 2008.

1. mxATVracer10

mxATVracer10 New Member

so I just started up NCAA 09 football and logged online to check for roster updates and ESPN radio begins playing... Lo and behold, this is the last story that the guy covers and I'm like :eek:

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i also read that he graduated from osu with a custodial arts degree.

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Well, now aggy has something to 'poke' fun at us for another five years about.

Jenna, this is disappointing... hopefully you learn your lesson.

4. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

The lice hate the sugar.

5. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

She was probably just cited and released since it was such a small amount. I am sure this is what happens to everyone, not just OU players.

6. kbsooner

kbsooner New Member

I worked LP at Target back in the day, back then the threshold for a felony was $50, so the total should keep it a misdemeanor. You wouldn't believe how much makeup is stolen, just too easy to pop in the purse I guess.

7. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you on part of what is said. You are correct when you say she is not guilty as of yet. A judge (or jury) will decide that issue. But you go on to say maybe it was a misunderstanding by Wal-mart...not the first time the Company is incompetent. In my opinion,any organization can make a mistakes. Wal-Mart does make some mistakes and Wal-Mart does a lot of things very well. Is Jenny the first Sooner to get caught shoplifting or get caught not following another law of the land? Of course not. So, do we all conclude that OU is incompetent? I hope not. You say, perhaps a friend took the stuff. Jenny was under surveillence by loss prevention. Why would they question the wrong person. If she was an accomplice, why weren't both people mentioned in the news story. I am sorry for Jenny, for our school, and for the Sooners that this incident occurred.

A mistake was made and Jenny, if found guilty, will be required to pay the consequences; unfortunately, so may the entire team.

8. shaun4411

shaun4411 New Member

as a side note, coach Stoops said that this situation would be handled internally.

9. Echoes

Echoes New Member

No. He doesn't.

10. Ground_Attack

Ground_Attack Well-Known Member

well that makes it at least 75% inacurat![hairGel]

11. CrimsonandCreamForever

CrimsonandCreamForever Active Member

I didn't mean to infer that there was any bribery going on, it was an allusion to the other big OU story from the last week or two about the media "reporting" false stories. ;)

12. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree, except her name is Jenna. Also, I doubt she gets booted for $35, but I hope Coale punishes her in some way.

13. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Bomar, Quinn, Granger, and now Plumley.

We have to be leading the nation in steals![​IMG]

14. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Heh.

MOOKIE LIVES!!!

15. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Custodian

Cus.

To.

Di.

An.

16. Soonrboy

Soonrboy Always Right

wow...and she won't be playing this season. Ouch

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I gave her the extreme benefit of the doubt, leaving open possibilities that had a remote possibility. You know, since I'm an OU fan and all and didn't want her to be guilty... but also, because by nature and profession I'm skeptical. I don't believe that people are guilty upon the first police report or the first media report. I think that people have a right to prove their innocence until evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt is presented. I presented each known scenario where Plumley could be declared innocent, as far fetched as they sounded (and I didn't appreciate you belittling tone)

But, since I weigh Coale's opinion very, very heavily, I have to think that she was guilty. Even if she wasn't, she was still caught in a bad situation that she shouldn't have placed herself in, a la Rufus Alexander's arrest pre-draft. At the very least, she was guilty of very poor judgment.

So, Jenna Plumley, I'm afraid that I'll never be posting the Mighty Mouse tribute anymore, but here's hoping you take this year off and come back stronger than ever.

I don't care how many Sooners are kicked off of the team for one game, for one season, forever. I want to be a school of integrity here and I'm proud that our coaching staffs are holding our athletes to a higher standard. I'm also sad that our athletes weren't holding themselves to higher standards.

BoomerGirl34 likes this.
  18. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

From Sherri's statements, there is a lot more to this than stealing some makeup.