1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Capel!!!!! Jeff ****ing Capel, Mutha****as!!!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by PrideTrombone, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????

Regarding Bob Stoops, not necessarily. Stoops was a fairly well-known name even as an assistant, particulary after he went to Florida and in his first year helped lead the Gators to the national title. He was on several other schools' lists after that, but bided his time until the perfect situation came along.

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i think i'm just relieved it wasn't turgeon.

3. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:eddie:

4. william_brasky

william_brasky New Member

You're really into pooping on people's faces JC. That's interesting. Never would've figured you to be into that sort of thing. To each his own. :twinkies:

5. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

I actually thought Turgeon would have been a good hire.

6. Jimminy Crimson

it sounds more graphic than 'egg'.

carry on :cool:

7. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just a little offensive rundown since most of us are hoping for something exciting His teams scored between 68-74 ppg over, shot 43-48% from the field, and 35-39% from three over his 4 years at vcu

8. Jimminy Crimson

Wichitittay homer!

Big Red Ron likes this.
  9. birddog

i think it's funny how some people will say it's a bad hire before he even steps foot on campus. it must be all that vcu tape they've been watching. why would joe hire a guy if he didn't think he was a good coach? i'll reserve judgement til after i see the boys play next season.

10. Collier11

ya but football assistants are alot better known than bball assistants, how many bball assistants do any of us really know compared to football? THis guy is really well respected among other coaches and if you remember when he played for DUKE, he was one of those point gaurds that didnt have a ton of talent but was a winner a.k.a quannas white

11. william_brasky

william_brasky New Member

12. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well when you are a HUGE program like ours, you are going to attract the Phil Jackson's and Larry Brown's of the world. At one point OU had the most awesome coach in the history of earth in Billy Tubbs!!! Billy even played in a National Title game and never once coached in front of a non sellout!!!! Who wouldn't want to coach here with our long powerful history of success

13. birddog

who knows? i just didn't like the idea too much. i'm sure there's lots of guys that could be considered good hires. i just happen to think capel is a good one too, even if it was completely unexpected.

14. soonersin07

soonersin07 New Member

ok, so let me make sure i got this right? all i hear the last few days is how we're too good for a mvc coach who has improved his record all 5 years at wsu and took his team to the sweet 16 this year, but we're all cool with a 27 year old who went 19-13 in the caa this year and a quick exit from the nit. oh, but it must be a good hire cause his dad's an assistant in the nba and he played in canada and europe (never knew that even mattered). turgeon's had a couple of decent mentors too (larry brown and roy williams).

i'm not arguing that we should've gotten turgeon (it sounds like he turned joe c. down which isn't anyones fault in my opinion) or even that capel is a bad hire, but when we're having discussion back and forth trying to figure out how to pronounce his name (it's Cay-pul) and praising the hire at the same time...unless it's something close to krzyzewski there's something wrong. but everyone shouldn't act like this is such a great hire because they love joe c. or maybe more accurately, just relieved to not have to admit that they would like to have a coach from the missouri valley conference. i hope he does turn out to be a great coach, but for those who had lists consisting of guys like calipari, wright, and other coaches of that notoriety as possible candidates, you can't honestly say you're satisfied with this hire.

15. birddog

he's actually 31.

16. Jimminy Crimson

[Stanley]Age is just a number![/Stanley] :cool:

17. Collier11

I say lets give the guy say...a frickin season or two to see what he does, he is losing three of OU's top players to graduation so Im sure if we roll out there with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores next year and go 20-10 or 18-12 some of you will be saying this guy is the worst coach in history, but weve got some good guys back and a great recruiting class coming in so why dont we give him a season or two, or..no, I cant say it in this crowd but for I will be shunned, but ive got to...three seasons(oh no)

18. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I think I can sum it up in 2 words

HOLY ****!

19. Collier11

Nick, you can never sum up anything...EVER!

20. Jimminy Crimson

Is that a "I just won the lottery" holy **** or a ":bsmf:" holy ****?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.