1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Capel!!!!! Jeff ****ing Capel, Mutha****as!!!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by PrideTrombone, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????

Name that talent...and go.

2. LittleWingSooner

LittleWingSooner New Member

Re: Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????

Godbold, Johnson, Crocker, Leary, Griffin, and Griffin are good enough to beat teams like Colorado on the road, and put in Longar that team is good enough to compete and beat most teams in the Big 12. It's not that hard to win games at OU.

3. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

stop Nick, you can't put in Longar because the broken bone says you can't.

4. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Using that Little Wingnuts logic, KU, UNC and Duke should NEVER lose any games.......even though UNC and Duke play each other, it should go to 40 overtimes until all the players foul out.......

5. LittleWingSooner

There's still plenty of talent to beat Colorado. And not let them shoot 60%

6. OUstud

OUstud New Member

Look, the CU loss was a bad one. Probably the second worst of the season, to SFA. But remember what happened after SFA? I think we drill ISU on Wednesday, and get back on track in time to beat Sean Pat Knight on Saturday.

7. Sooner_Havok

Sooner_Havok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What would happen then? Just wondering. Like the aTm Baylor game, what would have happened if a team could put five people on the court, is the game over?

8. LittleWingSooner

Where did you get that.

I don't really care about Duke or UNC. I didn't mention them anywhere in this thread.

9. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

The fans of those schools sure think so.

...sort of like our fans when it comes to foosball.

Nicky's just playing his role. Totally unrealistic expectation development.

10. LittleWingSooner

20 wins and beating the worst team in the Big 12 on the road are realistic expectations.

11. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I like how he just reads off the roster to point out OUr "talent." It's really easy to just throw names out there, but at the end of the day, we're not a basketball dynamo. We have good athletes and a young coach. Basically, we don't suck and are making slow but sure progress.

Now if we go 0-15 on the road for two years, then I'll be concerned.

12. Ash

Ash New Member

No joke. And this isn't a slam against our players, the newer guys might develop into great players. But, OSU has more talent on paper than OU. So does Baylor. So does Kansas State. Kansas is Kansas. Texas has more talent. aTm has more talent on paper.

At CU, they've got a great scorer who was ineligible last year and Roby is an NBA prospect. Yes we should have beat them this year, but it's not a lead pipe cinch lock.

Basically, we're about tied with Texas Tech and CU on paper. Role players, a couple of decent players, and one NBA prospect.

Iowa State and Nebbish, we've got more - supposedly.

That's the reality, at least the way LWS sees things.

Then there's the fact that Capel and staff have elevated that team above what they should be and elevated expectations at the same time.

Don't be fooled, Capel has done more with less than half the league. That in itself sells me on this guy.

13. LittleWingSooner

I didn't read off the roster.

14. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well, you did happen to mention godbold. right?
    he was sooo talented that he was just holding out on all the big time schools who wanted him because he wanted to walk on to ou.

now, we rely on this guy to hit big shots and lock down the other teams best player.

crocker, who knows what's up with him.

aj seems to have lost weight after being in a weight program for the last 4 years.

omar leary was recruited by the very school you said we should beat on the road, as well as nebraska, denver, and colorado state.

15. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

Barring significant injuries or depth issues, both of which are hitting us hard at the moment.

16. Re: Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????

what he said..

17. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

youre right, you left off Beau Gerber.

18. LittleWingSooner

Griffin, Longar, Griffin, AJ, Crocker, were all 4 star or better type recruits. If you look at the Colorado roster every scholarship player on OU's roster was recruited higher than Colorado's roster. Yes even Godbold.

19. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

but to act like we should go up to boulder and win because of recruiting rankings (you know better than that), is just not very bright.

you take a team with 6 players and win on the road.

20. CtheB

CtheB New Member

What I said:
    You have to reserve judgment on Capel til next year, realizing that potentially only one player on this year's team (with eligibility remaining) will start next year. 2008 starting lineup goes Leary/Neysmith at the point, Warren (an absolute coup that we got him) at the 2, Ryan Wright at the 3, and Blake Griffin and the JUCO (forget his name) on the front line and this team will be very very dangerous.

That being said, our 2007 team will surprise you, I think. They will get a couple of wins in conference you don't expect, get a couple of losses you don't expect, but be a tough out for everyone.

Sure, the jury is out on Capel, but I like what I see thus far. Pretty good for the second year when he had absolutely nothing in the cupboard when he got here.

What LWS said:
    I don't think I can disagree with a single part of the post, Except I don't see Ryan Wright as a 3

Yet he comes on after the loss to Colorado and acts surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.