1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Capel!!!!! Jeff ****ing Capel, Mutha****as!!!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by PrideTrombone, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Re: Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????

No doubt. I think Kelvin had his "A" players and his "B" players. Players like Najera, Hollis Price, Quannas White, etc. were "A" guys that Kelvin managed to polish pretty well while they were here. Guys like Victor Avila, Renzi Stone, Oleg, Michael Cano, etc. were "B" guys that didn't seem to make a lot of improvement. Heck, Tim Heskett actually seemed to get worse between his Junior and Senior seasons. He seemed like he was nearly automatic from long range early on and then it just went away.

2. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

Don't bother listening to some idiots (LittleWingSooner) and their outrageous comments and you'll be better off. Yes I totally agree that Blake needs to develop his offensive game. But with all else he brings to the team it is still better to have him on the floor than not.

3. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Heskett wasn't the same shooter after he hurt his hand, thumb i believe. that's not really on Kelvin.

Cano was a walk-on.

you gotta give KS credit for guys like Nolan Johnson, Ace, Michael Johnson, Eric Martin, Daryan Selvy, Johnnie Gilbert etc.

4. Ash

Ash New Member

Last year's team was not an NCAA tourney team. Period. They actually overachieved in many games.

5. LittleWingSooner

LittleWingSooner New Member

Oleg and Cano were walk-ons that barely palyed. I can see maybe replacing those guys with maybe Ebi Ere and Taj Gray

Heskett was hurt. Also he only got better on defense.

Other guys on that A list are Ace Mcgee and Nolan Johnson. Ryan Minor improved a lot under Sampson also. Corey Brewer and Nate Erdmann were stars.

Renzi Stone got better he just didn't have a lot of offensive ability.

6. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oleg was a JUCO transfer, not a walk-on.

kind of a waste of a scholly, but hey.

Renzi and Vic Avila both had career games against Chris Mihm.

7. OKmanUbet

OKmanUbet New Member

Kelvin was did some great things at OU...He taught toughness and Hustle and it got him some nice records, Big XII Championships, and trip to the final 4....the only problem I had with him was consistent offensive production and development of big men.

It seems that OU was a place the 6'11 athletes came to flounder and not flourish....I feel that Capel has done wonders with Longar, I'm sure he will have a few busts in his career too, I'm just giving the guy credit when its due!

8. OKmanUbet

OKmanUbet New Member

I agree that Griffin has got to get better with his back to the basket...don't forget though that he was a Forward type in High school and is developing those skills on a game by game basis....I felt like he missed some good scoring opps against WVU, but his ceiling is ridiculous. Capel will have him coached up by the end of the year!

9. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Man, Renzi was good at drawing fouls, though. And I mean that totally seriously; he just seemed to have a knack for getting guys to run him over for a charging call.

10. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

True enough.

He also was not a bad shot blocker and I loved his energy, even when he was not in the game you could tell he really wanted his team to win.

11. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We used to sit together in History of Sports. Yes, I took History of Sports. So what?

12. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know the season is just getting going, but it is pretty clear that the players respond to Capel. His is a really good recruiter, and he is proving to be a pretty good if not real good game coach. For us to be 12-3 as opposed to 10-5 or 9-6 right now is exciting. If we can go 10-6 or even 9-7 in conf play then he will have won me over completely.

13. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

Collier, there are people that will sadly never be won over. Hopefully a win this Saturday might finally convince some sooner fans that Capel has the potential to be the real deal.

14. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Absolutely. After that Stephen F. Austin loss, which turns out to not be that bad after all, the players responded and have reeled off some great wins. Looks like we are heading back to post season play.

15. Collier11

Thats because some on here expect our bball program to be our football program, that probably will never happen. But we can be a consistent 20 game winning, ncaa tourney going, elite 8 or final four making type team and it would help if the fans would get behind this team! :D

16. Ardmore_Sooner

I really hope we never get beat by 20 in the first round! :D

17. Collier11

that would be the equivalent of being beaten by 20 in the Final 4 Thank You!!! ;) :D

18. Ardmore_Sooner

Or getting beat in OT in the Final Four by Marist. ;)

19. OUstud

OUstud New Member

In a weird way, the SFA loss was the best thing to happen to this team. Seemed to spark some urgency.

20. Ardmore_Sooner

Anybody seen Nick lately? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.