1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Tebowmania dead now?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonernAR, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SoonernAR

SoonernAR New Member

So can we all now agree that Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback and that just being an overt Christian doesn't get you a free pass on criticism of your skills on the field. Yes Denver put together a string of wins to get into the post-season but it had more to do with his leadership and a team believing they could win against the odds. But when finally confronted with a clearly superior team and coaching staff, they got squashed. Maybe during the off-season he can develop some passing accuracy and ability to read defenses, and become at least a system quarterback that won't hurt his team.

2. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Naw , they will resurrect him next year

4. SoonernAR

SoonernAR New Member

I thought it only took 3 days, :angel:

5. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We can also put to rest the idea that Denver had a great defense.

New England had a bye week and the coaching staff probably developed a more thorough game plan in defending the option. That seemed apparent.

But, yeah, Tim Tebow got David Bowied this week.

6. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

I don't think Tebow has received a pass on criticism. On the contrary.
    I do think that a bust like Vince Young has received a pass on criticism. I do think that a bust like Matt Lienhart has received a pass from criticism.
    Tebow has been more successful than those guys, and both VY and ML were top ten draft picks.

7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You kind of talk yourself out of your own question by asking if we can agree that he's not a good QB but he is a good leader who can get his Team to believe they can win against the odds.

I mean....if Denver had been a great Team and Tebow was replacing the likes of Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and they had lost.....I'd say he wasn't a good QB or able to lead his Team. Thing is Tebow showed that he could improve and not only win some games but get his Team into the playoffs.

I think you drop all this stuff about him being a Overt Christian and the free pass stuff.

Tebow and the Broncos Season is over and unless Denver goes into the Draft looking for someone to replace Tebow or tries to pick up a Free Agent QB......they will seem to be leaning towards seeing just how much better, if at all, Tebow can get in the off-season and then in Pre-Season re-evaluate him or they will simply dump the idea of building a system around him and replace him with a more conventional NFL QB.

IMO....Tebowmania isn't gone until He's been replaced as the starting QB and even then....unless the next guy gets them to the playoffs or Denver tries to trade Tebow.....any replacement of Tebow within the Broncos will lead to another "Put Tebow In!" by Fans in Denver and the Mania will be right back in every NFL Fans Face....especially if Tebow and the Team begin to win like they did this year.

8. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Tebow mania has been over the top for so long that even a short break would be good. All you had to last night was watch the on field interviews with Brady and his tight end and see CBS breaking away to show Tebow walking down the field to know the mania is alive and well. I didn't like Tebow hype at FL and it is worse at Denver when 44% of respondents say in a poll that God is favoring Tebow. How about the rest of the players who are Christian? They don't count? This over the top hype was even criticized by the ESPN radio people that their brethren on the TV side had lost all perspective and it was Tebow time all the time.

Tebow is not a good quarterback and the teams that played Denver twice -- KC and NE proved that. He runs a gimmick offense that when you see it in person the second time, the defenses are adjusting. Deer in the headlights is what I saw. As for the Denver defense, they sucked as well.

First time ever I have rooted for New England but I wanted Tebow hype to be shown that the hype was way over the top. Eventually hype catches up and it did this time! Thank you New England! Cannot believe I am saying that!

9. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Isn't the very nature of this thread...

?

10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I just heard ESPN showing the highlights of the Bronco Pats Game and saying that Tebows problems were from bad Offensive Line Play.

11. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Who's win pct is better? Tims or Sams?

12. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tebowmania dead? No, just the Broncos.

13. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

The guys a jerk-off.....

14. setem

setem DTF

[​IMG]

SoonerTerry likes this.
  15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

16. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

The pics of the Broncos stadium made me laugh!

17. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

I love Tebow, and I love the story.

1. HE DOES SUCK. HE IS SO BAD.
    2. He wins.
    3. He is humble and real (dont care if you dont agree, I know people who have met him and say he is just a nice person).
    4. He uses his platform to spread his message but dosnt over do it (unlike media and fans)

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You can't tweet a halo like that.

19. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just last week it was incredible offensive line play that helped with the win.....

Tebow is the only QB under contract for next season, Brady Quinn is a free agent so Tebow will be back. I think they played him to see what they had and didn't expect for things to go as they did. I would imagine that Elway tries to draft a QB but probably not a first rounder since they moved so far down the draft order and bringing in a free agent veteran to round out the position. I don't expect either of those to be Tebow-like QB's, they will more than likely be pro-style QB's as I think that is the offense that both Elway and Fox would prefer to play. Maybe Weeden if he drops to the second round, I think Tannehill is too erratic and throws too many picks for Fox but if he falls to the fifth round or something like they might take a chance. One writer here suggested getting Peyton Manning (if healthy) as free agent if Indy cuts him because of the $28 million roster bonus due in the off season. The O-Line is solid but young, the Kuper injury hurt a lot yesterday. They need help at many positions, at RB McGahee is older and Moreno could be declared first round bust by now, they need a receiving tight end and more depth at receiver and O-Line. The defense was a good defense once they got healthy but they still have a lot of holes to fill because many are getting older like Bailey and Dawkins and are lacking in quality depth. Quentin and Chris Harris played well in spots, as expected from rookies. The Pats have pretty much shredded most defenses and even elite defenses at time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to beat them. Not that I thought the Broncos as currently constructed stood much of a chance anyway.

As far as the Tebowmania aspect, some jumped off the bandwagon after the Chiefs loss and I am sure more did after last night's game. If he comes out next year and struggles from the start people will start jumping ship en masse. The Tebowners will always be Tebowners, their worship of him has nothing to do with football ability or performance. The Cult of Tebow doesn't require the use of logic.

20. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I kind of joined in after he started winning games and got his Team to the Playoffs. I did it as I think he's sincere in his faith and I think he was good enough to get some folks to believe he can play QB.

I didn't join a cult....I simply made an observation.