1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wouldn't normally defend him but Ozzie Guillen is right.

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Rock Hard Corn Frog, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

About Jay Mariotti that is. Mariotti is a Whiny Bitch!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  2. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Guillen should keep his trap shut. I'm tired of hearing about him and his big mouth.

It's just like Jim Gaffigan said:

"I wish I was ethnic, I'm nothing. Because if you're Hispanic and you get angry, people are like, 'He's got a Latin temper!' If you're a white guy and you get angry, people are like, 'That guy's a jerk.'"

:D

3. usmc-sooner

usmc-sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jay Marriotti is a fag.

4. usmc-sooner

you could always tell them your Irish:D

5. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

I love Ozzie's reasoning that it was okay to call him a fag.

I mean, he goes to WNBA games and Madonna concerts.

6. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm somewhat surprised Guillen was slapped with sensitivity training from Selig.

Though I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

Why don't we order people to sensitivity training for just being jerks? Why are they only ordered there when they utter a racial, ethnic, or sexual orientation slur. Do people think that will actually make a difference?

Or is this just feel-good policy?

BillyBall likes this.
  7. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Well, Guillen has already said he will apologize to anyone he offended but he isn't going to aplologize to Mariotti.

8. usmc-sooner

don't be so sensative sweet boy:D

9. GDC

GDC New Member

I hate Jay Mariotti with the intensity of a thousand fiery suns.

10. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If I was gay I would be offended by being lumped with Mariotti too ;)

11. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we have a winner.

Mariotti is the worst breed of writer. He writes articles regularly that rip the White Sox but never sets foot in their clubhouse. He's like those reporters who write about how evil the US troops are in Iraq and the injustices they commit daily, without ever actually going to Iraq and seeing what things are like there.

That being said, I also agree that Ozzie kinda needs to be a bit more careful in saying what he's saying...had he stuck with what he said yesterday in the first place about Mariotti being a piece of **** instead of ever calling him a fag, nobody would be talking about this.

12. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What did Jay say to get called a fag?

13. Gandalf_The_Grey

He called Ozzie's Mom a MudBlood :(

Fugue likes this.
  14. Scott D

Long Article, but it was the last one he wrote involving the White Sox before Ozziegate. Mind you, if you look at the Chicago Sun Times Sports Section and go through articles by Mariotti over the last 3 years you'll see that 99% of them are unflattering of the White Sox and of Guillen.

15. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Most sports reporters are; they think they are the story instead of the games.

16. Scott D

Tell me today's article isn't Mariotti stirring the pot some more. And by today I mean yesterday.

17. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

An article that sums up my thoughts pretty well.

18. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Only a prick like Mariotti could make me do something unusual: side with Ozzie Guillen.
    I wish they could take Mariotti off Around the Horn (and while they're at it, jettison Tim Cowlishaw, too) and I would actually care to watch the show for a change.

19. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

how is Ozzie "homophobic" for calling someone a fag?

baseball lost touch with reality years ago, and they are just further pushing away.

I predict another huge fan backlash in this decade, by players strike, owners lock out, or steroid, HGH backlash.

20. Gandalf_The_Grey

Yeah, when someone does something really stupid, I usually call them gay...I just don't say it in front of reporters.