1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some serious RRS advice

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Scotty, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Scotty

Scotty New Member

OK So here is the deal:

I have made it to tons of OU games, but I have never been to the cotton bowl nor am I fortunate enough to have any close friends who would sell me OU TX tickets for a reasonable price. Even if it is not possible to get tickets, I would still like to go down to dallas to enjoy the atmosphere, however I would really like to get my hands on some tickets.

So I guess my question is:

Would it be in my best interest to see if I could get some tickets outside the stadium before the game, or is that virtually impossible? And if so, would EBAY be a better option?

btw I would be looking for 2-4 tickets anywhere on the OU side.

tia

2. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

You can probably get some the night before the game.
    Especially if you don't mind single seats.

There are usually some for sale around the fairgrounds, at exorbitant prices.

I would NOT use Ebay for this game at this late hour.

3. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

You can probably get a pair on Ebay for 200-250 each which is about what you'll pay up to about 30 minutes before kickoff. If there are any left outside at kickoff, you can probably get them 50-100 cheaper.

4. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Also i forgot to add:

If I don't get some tickets, what are some good places to watch the game around the fair?

5. OUefeezletheweazel

OUefeezletheweazel New Member

the Bud World Tent.....
    drinka some beeahs

6. WestAustinSooner

WestAustinSooner New Member

There is a CHANCE that if you hang around the main fair entrance on PArry St., and wait about 15 minutes before game time, you could get a pair for around $100. That is really nerve racking though. You pay more farther form gametime.

7. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

I agree with that advice. There are always tickets. It just depends if you're willing to pay the price.

And as for atmosphere, there is absolutely nothing like the RRS. I had heard about it all my life, and when my son started college, was lucky enough to go his freshman year (and twice more after that). IMO, if you haven't ever been, and you are a Sooner fan, it's an absolute MUST!!!

8. fwsooner22

fwsooner22 New Member

Just go................I would be there when the fair opens the gate..........be at the main gate.........be patient.............it is gonna be really hot......usually some moms, grandmoms who back out at 95 degrees....you gotta shot...............if ya don't get in go to the BUD tent.........come back just before the half to either sides main gate..........lots of the Horns will be giving away their pass-out ticket because we are kicking their butts......then you will see the second half for free..............

9. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Alright thanks alot guys, but I have one last question.

How concerned should I be with the whole scalping thing? I know its not a big deal here, but isn't it illegal in texas?

10. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Can anyone give me a generalized location of the "Bud Tent" maybe I have always been either too drunk or always had student tickets but when I went the last two years I couldnt find that thing... is it hidden?

11. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

I believe down here that they only bust you if it is on the venue property. Most of the scalpers will be out on the street in front of the fair grounds and it has always been very free market out there. I've bought tickets out there a couple of times and never had a problem.

12. Sco

Sco New Member

If you have enough people going, you could always try to bribe a security guard... hundred bucks a person might do it...

13. Fraggle145

14. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Well that would definately be a good deal, but the problem with that in my mind is that if it DOESN'T work, aren't you pretty much screwed royally, especially if you try it with the wrong people?

15. Fraggle145

dont see how they could put you in jail for tryin' migth fire whoever it was on the spot though...

16. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Ah thank you, that was something I wasn't very sure about.

17. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Well I wasn't exactly thinking jailed, but more like if it didn't work the first time then you pretty much weren't getting in at all. But like I said I have never been to a RRS so I wouldn't really know what to expect.

18. DalHorn

DalHorn New Member

you will not be busted for buying tickets inside or outside the fair grounds. I have never seen that happen.

My suggestion for someone who has never been, is to get tickets in hand before Saturday. You need to experience the atmosphere, beer, corny dogs, fried coke and other crazy fair sh** instead of standing outside the main gate looking for tix until 2:00.

If you're not into above and just going for the game then buying tix right outside one of the entrances is the way to go price-wise. But it's worth a few extra $$ to get in the fair early and enjoy yourself imo.

Fair is free with ticket in hand so that saves $13.

19. Luthor

Luthor New Member

A buddy of mine picked up 4 tickets at the 45 yd line last year outside the stadium at face value. Of course, he had to wait until halftime and they were on the ou side but he felt it was still a good buy.

20. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Doesn't sound like a very good buy to me.:D