1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get the feeling that Texas has no idea who they really want at HC.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 8timechamps, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They are inerviewing...

[video=youtube;QhjRUKCKIG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjRUKCKIG4[/video]

2. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Todd Graham as the next texass coach - book it.

As soon as they're done pissing off the legitimate good candidates that would take the job, holding out for the Jim Harbaughs of the world to decline for the 100th time, they'll have to go to a whore like TG to take the job.

3. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would love to see Graham there. Mack has been an easy target, right down to the teeth, Graham is a guy that gets under opposing coaches skin. I'd personally like to see Brett bielema

4. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I think Patterson is forbidden by contract from hiring away any ASU coaches. That having been said, Graham would be a good hire.

5. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They never will "stoop that low" as to hire an assistant....after all....they're Texas.

Darrell Royal was HC of the Edmonton Eskimos for a year, Mississippi State for two seasons and Washington for one season before Texas came calling, the coach before him (Ed Price) was the last assistant coach who was hired (elevated to HC). Fred Akers was an assistant to Royal and was HC at Wyoming for two seasons. David McWilliams was a former player and assistant under Royal and Akers, he went to Tech for a season before Texas hired him. Mackovic had been around forever.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  6. beached_sooner

beached_sooner New Member

What about Applewhite? Considered too young?

7. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I doubt the Major will survive for very long into the next regime, not even to the spring game. Whorn fans blame much of their anemic offense on his play calling.

8. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

Vince Young and Colt McCoy to tag team HC. BOOK IT! Also bringing in Case to head film study. He likes to watch.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Can Case be HC while still on the roster? If so, it would be a good move, and open up a new scholly for the cows.

10. papawlambert

papawlambert Member

Don't forget that Saban hasn't signed his contract yet with Alabama. I really believe if they were smart they would sign Chad Morris. Their ego won't allow that.

11. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Case is a senior, the bowl game will be his last.

I agree about Morris.

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

he couldn't even beat out Kingsbury at Tech...

that would leave Vulnerables poised to take over though

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

well then, he will need something to do next yr., and HC at whorns would be APROPO.

14. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

I am surprised that none of the OU offensive coordinators that beat them by 40 points or more have not been mentioned. Texas could go after any one of them and be better than what they had in the last 15 years! Texas' defense is okay, it has always been the lack of imaginative offense. Texas was always the big bully in the Southwest conference.

15. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My bro in law played at ASU in the 70's and said a lot of folks there weren't happy with the Todd Graham hire.

16. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know a lot of Longhorn fans and not a single one of them remotely thinks like this. There are plenty of destination jobs. But don't fool yourself, UT is one of them.

As far as this coaching search "getting off to a slow start", that's simply not true. A) You have to hire the new AD first since you don't want to saddle the new guy with choices the old guy made and B) All of the choices they're looking at are still coaching their current teams. Mid January has always been the feasible timeline for this. And how do we know that Patterson doesn't already have someone unofficially ready to go?

17. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

isn't this a heavy recruiting time?

it sure seems later than what i normally see, unless they have someone in the works that isn't a current head coach

they would be boning their current school pretty hard if they get a bunch of commits and then leave before signing day

18. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's actually a quiet period between Christmas and New Years.

UT has already said that current commits and offers will be honored.

19. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm telling you, there are only two names that make even the remotest sense in connection with the Longhorn program:

Bobby Petrino

and

Rich Rodriguez

The only two men who completely personify what Texas football is all about.

Book it.

20. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Then, I choose Rodriguez for Texas.