1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not...

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by TopDawg, Jul 22, 2005.

1. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, heck, if you're dreaming that way, you're dreaming too small. I would've sold the LNC to Norman to use as a convention center and then built a new basketball arena around the fieldhouse ala GIA.

It was unclear to me exactly how close those new seats will be. I'm not sure if they'll actually be on the floor, or part of the existing seats.

2. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I posted this in a thread a long time ago, then re-posted it...so I'll repost it again.

3. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here's another thing that I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not. Something you said in the post you quoted reminded me of it. It's from a handout that the students attending Camp Crimson are getting:

My first thought is: THIS IS BRILLIANT. Probably not the first school to do this, but I think it's a great idea.

My second thought is: I think a good way to give points would be with some sort of student attendance ratio. For instance, you get X number of points divided by the percentage of the student population that attended that same event. So you'd get fewer points for attending FB and MBB games than you would for soccer or volleyball. And, for that matter, you'd likely get fewer points for attending the OU/OSU MBB game than the OU/Louisiana-Monroe game.

4. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thats awesome.

5. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As for the big money donors in the lower sections,I have said for years if the seat is empty at tip-off(or maybe 10 minutes after) all empty seats should be availible to a SRO ticket holder who is actually there.

6. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I should point out I am one of those who buys SRO ,restricted admission, or whatever you choose to call them tickets.I live 130 miles from Norman and season B-ball tickets are not practical.Football tickets are barely so at todays prices.

7. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have heard that they are going to start giving Sooner Club points to people that not only buy BUT ATTEND other OU sporting events. I guess since they now scan the tickets, and if you are a seson ticket holder in say mens basketball, you would be better off making sure that someone got the ticket and used it then letting it go to waste. This does not apply just to students from what I hear.

8. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

they should do something for attendence to games for students too though, me and a buddy of mine bought and attended every ou football game and every home bball game last year and a vast majority of the baseball game, and arrived early might i add, and we get no preference over a sorority goes to the big the games late and makes no noise, or over the students who just intend to sell their tickets, especially RRS tickets.