1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am not asking for a walkout or protest but ...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think I'll skip OU's 3rd home game in a row at 11:00....messes up everything....I think I'll just (1) buy tickets and (2) not go and not let them be used as my protest to constant 11:00 games...that's it...

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

That will be the 6th game this season.
    That sucks and I agree with ya Rus.

3. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

This unprecedented number of 11:00 time slots does make me wonder about our AD's supposed clout. TV agreement notwithstanding, you'd think Joe could pick up a phone and cause something to happen. But I guess not.

4. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Note that our game times have increasingly sucked as the program has gone downhill.

5. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

11 AM games rock......!!!

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

it's the new Big 12 TV deal

apparently we can't dictate the number of 11AM games anymore

7. 12

12 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If only we weren't so bad.

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Amazing that Lubbock gets 2:30 p.m. kickoff but Norman this and that is forever stuck at 11 a.m. Maybe Tech's air is too sandy to televise before noon?

9. yankee

yankee New Member

Maybe we should stop sucking on a football field first, and that'll help change things.

10. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Castiglione has no say (or input) about the kick-off times. That's a major part of the TV deal, releasing the rights to Fox/ESPN. I'm sure he could make a call and let them know he isn't happy (and maybe he's done that), but I don't think it would change anything. If I'm ESPN or Fox, I'm scheduling games based on interest and right now, OU isn't that interesting (outside of Sooner fans, or opposing team fans). If we were ranked in the top 10, things would be different.

It wasn't that long ago that people were complaining about late kick-offs. Nonetheless, I personally hate early kick-offs, but what can you do?

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

yup. 1800 and 1900 kickoffs are the ****.

12. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We are Oklahoma and we are better than what Fox is giving us. Yes, I realize we are 6-3. I actually go to the home games. This season has been weird and the 11amer's just seem to add salt to that massive 10 yard cushion, I mean wound from last weekend.

13. Snrinhouston

Snrinhouston Active Member

This ^^^^^^. Enough said

14. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

I love it - works out perfect here in the Motor City where we don't have anything within 15 miles (especially to the west in the direction of Ann Arbor) that resembles good college football

15. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

I remember when...........

OU never had a game on TV. Radio only. (OSU games were rarely on radio :) )
    Almost all games across the country started at 1pm as nobody had lights in their stadium.
    Scores across the country were announced over the PA at the game. (Slippery Rock was important for a while)

The only way to listen to two games on Saturday was to find a station that had a West Coast game on after OU's game.

Then came the start of TV sports.
    First it was the game of the week (ABC I believe).
    About once a season OU was featured.

Then game times begin to change so TV could broadcast more games, forcing stadiums to install lights.
    Money begin to roll................
    and the rest is what we have today.

I hope you young sprouts have enjoyed this trip down memory lane from an old guy.

I wish all games still started at 1pm so I didn't commit my Saturday watching 4-5 different games on TV. One of which I am rooting for OU to win, the others I am rooting for somebody to lose so it will benefit OU.

3:30 start times also fit my schedule well. Get something done in the early part of the day, watch a game, enjoy the evening with my family.

Oh well, the "rolling-in money" is nice for the University.

MichiganSooner likes this.
  16. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

The Pussification of OU fans is astounding.......!!!!

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why do you hate p*ssies?

18. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yup, it was ABC...Chris Schenkel and his "honey shots"