1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am A Vince Young Fan

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by FaninAma, Jan 7, 2006.

1. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I never said I was qualified to analyse his skills. I just said, "based on what I've seen"

2. sas

sas New Member

Did you have your harry potter glasses on when you watched him play?

3. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nick,
    Prior to this year, I would be right there with you saying that Vince is just a runner who sometimes connects on a pass. However, Vince has taken his game to a new level and has done some pretty impressive things even in the passing game. I understand that he throws the ball like Uncle Rico but he completes it too often to ignore.

Whether that translates to NFL success is still up for debate, but his prowess as a college QB isn't. IMO of course.

4. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Vinny only lost one game, big or otherwise, in the last two years.

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

JW got a Heisman, VY got a Crystal Football

one could probably even say that VY has produced better than Josh

i think his record as a starter is what? 35-4?

the worst part is that Texass was like a one man team this year

my fingers are burning from typing this, i need to stop reading this thread

BillyBall likes this.
  6. bigdsooner

bigdsooner New Member

i think he's a really good qb and is the ONLY reason ut won the nat'l title. but in all fairness, he put up those #'s on a weak *** sc defense.

i do think he's a helluva lot better than he was last year though.

7. TheGodfather889

TheGodfather889 New Member

Vince Young is a great player.But I don't like him because of his unclassy behavior in dogging Jason White for no real reason.The guy should've kept his mouth shut especially since he is owned by Jason White as far as head to head duels.

8. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

and they put one of those orange controller chips under his skin. It was on Art Bell's program, must be true.

9. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm absolutely with you on this one...there have been times this season (before the season as well) that he should have kept a little more to himself. At the beginning of the season I was one who thought he was only a runner. I know some of us here don't want to admit it but obviously the guy (with or without ugly form) can throw the ball as well. He's the reason they beat SUC (along with their Defense being able to contain Bush). All that being said, I feel like puking. Here's to Vince Young coming back and us beating the #1 Texas Vinceyounghorns and reclaiming our spot atop college football's best.

10. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Young backed his talk up. Texas was ripe for giving up the entire game against USC but there was one, and only one, reason why they didn't....and his name is Vince Young.

OU's loss to USC last year wasn't Jason's fault. It was an entire team effort but Jason didn't have the ability to overcome the early Sooner mistakes and rally his team. Everytime UT made a mistake or USC hit Texas in the mouth Vince had an answer. I'm quite sure that past Texas teams would have rolled over and quit.

11. sas

sas New Member

what can I say. You are wrong.

Already posted this link, but obviously you are posting without readin the whole thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

BTW, that defense isn't what it was last year, but it was good enough to be undefeated and VYs number against OSU were pretty good. How would you rank that defense?

12. sas

sas New Member

I don't think anyone is taking up for character here. This is a discussion of talent and performance.

13. GDC

GDC New Member

No wonder you and skull don't get along.

sas likes this.
  14. sas

sas New Member

because I'm talking about a topic rather than trying to go WWF?

I'm not even a fan of VY. I'm just trying to discuss his abilities without crimson glasses on.

But thanks for trying to start it back up;)

15. couchman

couchman New Member

"Vince has the mental determination and physical ability to overcome Mack Brown."

I think this is completely true. Vince gave UT the mental edge that they've lacked under Mack. He forced Brown to finally relax his sphincter. The question is: Did Mack learn from this? Will he play to win from now on and truly have a juggernaut on his hands? Or will he go back to his conservative/squat to pee style of coaching?

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

BTW-- I laugh at the morons who still refuse to recognize the greatness of VY. The guy is one of the best ever.

sas likes this.
  16. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Faninama and I have disagreed on a few things over the years. (See Terri Schiavo threads) but I have to agree with everything in the original post EXCEPT the title.

17. Burnt_O_Bandit

Burnt_O_Bandit New Member

I remember people around here calling him 'Radio'.

18. sas

sas New Member

they still do.

did you wan't us to upgrade him to 'CD player"

19. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Haha..then if he comes back and has a stellar season next year we can upgrade him to MP3 player. :D

20. bigdsooner

bigdsooner New Member

where am i wrong at, i think he is a very good qb, if not for him ut would not have won...agreed?
    in hindsight young prolly did deserve the heisman based on the entire season.
    according to the link, vy only had 100+pass/100+run games 3 times, mizzou, ostate and sc, that was my point on the weak azz d part. this is just my opinion.