1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunnicut

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't know about you but I'm really liking having a kicker that doesn't make you gasp every time the ball leaves his foot.

This kid is good.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

He convinced you to stand on the rug so that he can pull it from out underneath you. :(

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You have no sense of drama.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

How about getting 3 points instead of going for it on 4th down unless we were inside the 15.

5. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Bless Jimmy Stevens's heart. He didn't belong on the field.

His low, short line drives drove me crazy.

5-0

6. kevpks

kevpks New Member

You weren't the only one.

[​IMG]

OUmillenium and MamaMia like this.
  7. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You got that right. I also like blowout wins better than 1 point wins. Drama should be restricted to TNT.

8. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

Kicking it out of the End-Zone is nice too.....!!

9. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You do realize Hunnicut doesn't handle kick off duties, right?

Patty O'Hara handles the kick off duties.

O'Hara has a very strong leg, just not accurate for FGs or PATs.

10. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

I do feel better about when they line up to try a field goal from around the 36 and I'm not yelling at the television, "He's never going to make that!!! Just go for it!!!"

11. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Amen to the OP. In defending JS, fans would point to his FG%, neglecting to acknowledge that so many of those were from 30 yards in and closer. If we were at 40 or thereabouts, we would rarely even attempt a FG with JS. As I have told numerous friends this season, it is nice to have a kicker than can boot it higher than his height.

12. BoulderSooner79

I had no problem with Steven's - I figure he was a college kid doing his best. My complaint was why OU couldn't find someone better to beat him out (Hunnicutt actually did mid-season last year). What I found funny was all the fans out there that just couldn't take the uncertainty when we lined up to kick. Are you a bunch of sedentary wusses that think your hearts will stop if you get too excited? Man up! It's just a game.

13. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I too am happy that I don't have to hold my breath every time we go for a field goal. It's like having Hartley back...

14. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stop being splenetic.

cleller likes this.
  15. BoulderSooner79

Splenetic? No way - I had a blast baiting the Stevens bashers for 4 years!!

;)

16. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I remember Stoops making lots of faces when Jimmy kicked. He would make these low low kicks that would barely make it over the crossbar.

17. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Monopoly is just a game. Football is NOT just a game.

18. papawlambert

papawlambert Member

Have known Hunnicut for a few years. He did football camps with my Grandson. My Grandson is a freshman at West Virginia. Hunnicut is a fine young man and you guys will really like him more and more.

19. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I for one, am not ready to settle for complacency.

Jimmy was marginal at best and shoulda been on some JC team, not a Top 10 team like the Sooners.

I'm sure if Jimmy was the strong safety he woulda tried just as hard. And failed just as bad.

5-0

20. Seamus

Seamus New Member

Bolshevik nonsense.