1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HSbaseball vent

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Soonerjeepman, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ok, not sure where...or why but I got to vent.

Son's HS team, not that great..but one Sr has a scholly to Washburn, small NAIA school in Topeka, Ks. He's pretty full of himself, thinks he'll last at Washburn for 2 yrs then get drafted...riigghhhtt.

He pitched the first 3 innings, gave up 8/9 hits, 6 runs, 2 on a throwing error by catcher on dropped 3rd K, went over my son's head at first...WAY over...I wasn't there yet, but this is what other parents said.

My son comes in throws 3 innings, 2 runs, 3 hits. The kicker is there was a hit, close enough to first but the kid just let it go, didn't even try. GREAT Sr leadership....this kid thinks he's going pro...UGH

ok...done venting~

It's funny that we talk about really good athletes who think they are all that and don't need to work...it's even in the not so good athletes. LOL

2. SoonerInFortSmith

SoonerInFortSmith New Member

I am a baseball guy. Was a pretty good player in my day. Been coaching youth league for several years. And I have known some really good ball players. I love the sport.

With that being said, baseball players in general are ******bags. It really is a pervasive attitude at all levels.

3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I don't disagree.

4. Soonerjeepman

I have seen that...lol. Ah well...we'll just keep pluggin along.

Worse is the coach sucks up to this guy because he is the "best player"...(on a 2-6 team) which isn't sayin much. Tells the team afterwards that "we can't let how we pitch affect the other positions we play"...ummm, maybe ya ought to just call the kid out and tell him to get his head out of his a$$. It wasn't a "we" it was a HIM.

thanks for listening~

5. mojorisen2014

mojorisen2014 New Member

So what HS is it? I will come taunt him.

6. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They've only played 8 games in Kansas?

7. Soonerjeepman

lol...SM North...we are not every good at any sport. Have a hell of a drama dept though~

Had a few rained out but we only play 20 to begin with. Ks is totally jacked up. EVERY other state around us plays more fball, basketball and baseball games. We get 20 HS games in both basketball and baseball, maybe 10 in football. stupid.

They just let basketball coaches work with their WHOLE team during the summers a few yrs ago.

8. TweenerTues

TweenerTues New Member

If he has a big head going to Washburn then I wish I had his confidence.

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Confidence? You mean false bravado, and high school boys are masters of it - it gets them through the day.