1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How mad would you be if this crap happened at the RRSO?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Eddie Money, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

I think we would riot so badly it would make the crazy Muslims stop and say "Damn dude, chill out"...

I mean, it kinda did in '84, but they didn't have video replay back then.

MamaMia and boomrsoonr like this.
  2. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would more then likely explode,and die of a massive coronary embolism.

3. OKC-SLC

OKC-SLC SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Texas can suck my azz.

4. josh09

josh09 New Member

pretty sure i would end up killing a couple people in orange if this happened at the RRSO

5. josh09

josh09 New Member

but then again, those arent pac-10 refs, so it WONT happen

6. Sooner Eclipse

Sooner Eclipse Well-Known Member

It did happen in 84. Different situation but just as decisive in the outcome of the game.
    At the final series of the game, an obvious fumble recovery that was given back to ut by crooked officials. An interception on the next play that was given back to ut only to have ut kick a field goal to tie the #3 team in the nation-OU.
    I stewed for weeks after that game, and if I had known who that ref was and where to find him I would have shot him myself. It was obviously crooked.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  7. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Raining much of the game and Keith Stanberry intercepting in the endzone. They called him out of bounds but there was a rooster tail of water 10 feet long in the endzone. No replay or reviews in those days...not that it would have mattered after what we witnessed yesterday.

8. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

The call in '84 was made during a time when men had better morals. If I remember correctly, the powers that be held us up in the rankings.