1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home of the...../Stand or sit

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerPr8r, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not even close.

Fire Leroy, and that will **** Leroy off.

2. jharkins

jharkins New Member

This is a wonderful idea. I personally do not yell Sooner but rather sing along and say brave, but I dont really see anything wrong with saying Sooner at the end. I am really tired of pokes and whorns whining about how anti-American we are when we do say it though...

3. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

exactly what i was gonna say.

JLEW1818 likes this.
  4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

We're totally anti-american for suggesting that sooners are brave or reside in a free land :D

5. yankee

yankee New Member

i stand until i leave. of course i'm in the student section, so that certainly is part of the reason but....

6. Im willing to bet we'll have another thread on this soon enough..especially since both of these topics were recently talked about and this one popped up..

And what Jlew said

7. SoonerPr8r

SoonerPr8r New Member

Fixed

8. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

This is me 2

9. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

Miller Light... Tastes Great!

10. soonerboy

soonerboy New Member

I'm an Iraq Vet and I yell "sooners" at the end of the national anthem, I do not feel disrespected in anyway at all when people say it, I mean America is the home of the sooners is it not?

11. Tigeman

Tigeman New Member

Oh and don't forget.....

ESPN sources are reporting that Bob Stoops will leave Oklahoma and go to (insert school of choice) after the end of the season.

12. yukonsooner

yukonsooner New Member

I like the idea of starting a thread about being able to leave the stadium at half time. This is especially true when it is so ungodly hot (or cold). A cold one at half time fixes either. Do you think we could get enough signatures to make it happen

13. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

Cased Closed.

And thank you very much for serving our country, you guys are true heroes and inspirations to youngins like em. God Bless you and are amazing Troops and this great country.

Boomer Sooner baby!!!!

8 days.......

SoonerSon and StoopTroup like this.
  14. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

This topic is so tired -

BOOMER

15. SoonerfanJKII

SoonerfanJKII New Member

Iraq vet here too, I yell SOONERS every time, same as my brother who is currently at west point. Whats funny is that Stars fans (NHL) yell Stars every time the word star is said during the national anthem, but you never hear anything about that. Then again, you never hear anything about hockey period, so that may be it

16. soonerborn30

soonerborn30 New Member

It's really not that hard. You just tell them you need to leave for an emergency and will try to get back before you miss too much of the game. The people at the gate aren't exactly Cleet-certified security experts here, they're ticket takers. They couldn't give rat's fat dead *** whether it's really an emergency when push comes to shove. The one time I felt compelled to go outside to get a beer (I usually bring my own...refreshments in) the guy asked me if it was an emergency. I told him..."yeah, if I don't get a beer I'm going to effing die." He smiled and handed me the pass out check. Done deal.

Oh, and to answer your question, no. This is a matter of NATIONAL security, by God!

17. GKeeper316

GKeeper316 New Member

back in Blanchard there was this dude named Jed...

18. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't say "Sooners" at the end, but I don't care if anyone else does. And don't tell me to sit down when everyone else in front of me is standing. If everyone is sitting, then I will sit; otherwise, I am standing for the game. If I wanted to sit down the whole time, I would have stayed home or gone to a bar to watch it.

19. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So if the person in front of you stands, you scream "Sooners" and if they sit you can ask if they know the words to the national anthem . . .

20. After listening to the Sgt. Wilson call on the SA this morning(not sure why I turned it over there), I'm not sure how anybody could yell "Sooners" now at the end of the anthem...holy cow

CrimsonJim likes this.