1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hold on there W Vaginny

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Flagstaffsooner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is all basically conjecture at this point, right? Has anything official come out or is this all "sources say"? Because "sources say" we should have already been playing in the SEC and the PAC-12 this year.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If you all haven't heard, the vote was unanimous. They are in the Big 12. Just announced. Yay, couch burning

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

4. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Respectable program with a good following and large stadium. Will be fun to have them.

5. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I had no idea Oliver Luck was WVU's AD. That's kind of cool.

6. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

I was going to joke is that Andrew Luck's dad....but it is. I'd heard the name before but didn't know anything about him. That is kinda cool. Apparently he managed a Houston mls team and took them to the championship in 06 and 07

7. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

I find this so completely underwhelming.

The B12 has become the dude at the bar at 1:55 am just looking for the best looking girl leftover.

8. oudanny

oudanny New Member

Looks like a done deal.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...tid=236&articleid=20111028_236_0_TheBig388925

By RALPH D. RUSSO AP College Football Writer
    Published: 10/28/2011 10:24 AM
    Last Modified: 10/28/2011 10:52 AM

The Big East said Friday it has been notified that West Virginia is leaving the conference and joining the Big 12.

It appeared earlier in the week that the Big 12 had settled on West Virginia as its replacement for Missouri, which is likely leaving for the Southeastern Conference. But West Virginia's Big East rival Louisville briefly re-entered the picture and the Mountaineers' invitation to the Big 12 was put on hold temporarily.

In the end the extra time didn't pay off for the Cardinals.

West Virginia will be the 10th member of the Big 12, and Louisville will remain in the Big East, which is hoping to transform itself into a 12-team football conference that will include Boise State.

CBSSports.com first reported West Virginia's move to the Big 12.

The decision by the Big 12 caps a strange week of conference realignment that included West Virginia officials on Tuesday preparing a press release and planning a news conference to announce its conference switch, then being told later that day to put those plans on hold.

Louisville made a late push for inclusion that reportedly involved a phone call from Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell, a Louisville alum, to Big 12 officials.

That set off West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, who threatened a senate investigation if it were found that another lawmaker had stood in the way of the Mountaineers move.

Then late Thursday night, the SEC inadvertently posted on its website that Missouri was joining the league. The conference said no agreement has been reached with the school, but it was yet another sign that it's just a matter of time that the Tigers will follow Texas A&M and leave the Big 12 for the SEC.

Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas has said the conference is likely to stick with 10 schools — at least for this round of realignment.

Now, the focus shifts to the Big East and how it plans to rebuild. It has been courting Boise State, Navy and Air Force as football-only members and SMU, Houston and Central Florida as all-sports members.

With the loss of West Virginia, it needs one more team to reach 12. Temple had been considered before Big East officials settled on the Texas schools from Conference USA.

By RALPH D. RUSSO AP College Football Writer

9. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

It's about the best we could have hoped for at this point. Probably better than the Pac 16 idea...

10. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Would look for us to move to 12 in the future after we see what plays out and when it comes time to renegotiate for a new TV deal. Don't see how the Big East can survive for football. It makes it easier scheduling to insert WV in for MO -- love it they invited and accepted them officially before MO and the SEC announced it was a done deal. I am not sorry to see MO go -- finally the team that started all of this will be leaving.

11. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

The rifle program has captured 14 national championships.

12. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've been on their site for a couple days. To say Mountaineers are relieved would be an understatement.

13. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

If I recall correctly, the best looking girl has more all time wins and a comparable all time winning percentage to 2 of the girls that dumped us. They're also better looking then the wanna be prom queen who has 1 foot out 2 different doors?

Sure, we want to look down because they're from the SS Big East, but they're actually slightly better all time then the 2 girls the ACC took home.

14. soonerboomer93

Their board software isn't great, but wemustignitethiscouch is an interesting name.

15. delhalew

Yeah, posting there is a PITB, but the name earns big time street cred.

16. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

You all see that post by limestone (KSU Fan) and his smart a$$ remark about Box??

17. delhalew

Yeah, I called him on it. Turns out he's as big an *** as you would think. Initially I thought, who knows. It could be an honest mistake...nope.

I'm 40watt over there.

18. delhalew

I was happy to see that one of the natives didn't appreciate his attempt at humor.

19. soonerboomer93

Rumor has it, Olevet called up boren and told him he needed the Eers arounds to help improve certain recipe's. Once vet called, it was a done deal.

20. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Politics is the art of the possible. Yes, I'd much rather OU be in a conference made up of OU, Alabama, Texas, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, LSU, Wisconsin, and (insert team of the week here). Heck, I'd kind of like OU to move to the SEC. Neither is happening. Based on what's possible, we're making the best of the situation.

Face it. The Pac-12 didn't want us without Texas. It smarts, but it's true. Why? Because we don't bring the TV sets they do, even though OU has the better football program. The SEC supposedly wants us, but the Big Ten supposedly wanted Missouri before leaving them at the altar. Hell, the Pac-12 supposedly wanted us as well. I'll believe it when I see an official invite from the SEC.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOTBALL, IT'S ABOUT THE TV. You think the SEC gives two ****s that Missouri's going to be a middle-pack team? They're ECSTATIC that Missouri is going to bring TVs without ever challenging Alabama/Auburn/Florida/LSU.

Y'all need to stop acting like we're settling by taking West Virginia. They have a fine athletic department and strengthen the conference. They're certainly going to be a better-than-average Big 12 team in both football and basketball. We should want a program of their caliber in the Big 12. Yeah, they're not the hottest girl at the bar, but they're not some uggo. More importantly, they like us too. I guess you can spend your life pining over the hottest chick in town who'd make your life hell by ****ing the milkman, postman, and anyone else who shows interest, but I'd prefer the good-looking girl who brings something to the table and actually wants to be with me.