1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hold on there W Vaginny

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Flagstaffsooner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

I thought BYU wasn't an option at this point. I can't imagine that BYU and WV would want to be in the same conference. Talk about ****ty road games.

2. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BYU is probably off the table now, barring a weird development. The Big 12 has been talking to them for a few months, and the two sides can't agree on terms for BYU's invitation. They want special consideration, and the Big 12 won't give it to them.

3. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

In conference realignment, football is the only thing that matters.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Regardless of what happens... isn't it nice to be the conference that people want to get into instead of the conference everyone is trying to leave?

An additional, hearty EFFFFFFFFF YOU in the direction of those miserable Miserians! M-I-Z! F-U-GUYS! :p

5. soonercoop1

soonercoop1 New Member

Might as well add them since the powers see no problem creating the 2nd Big East conference....

6. badger

Now now it's not that bad. The Big East had 8 semi-worthless hanger-oners that were not football schools. The Big 12 demands football as a prerequisite and I don't blame programs for wanting to leave a conference that didn't!

7. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

You know the Big 12 is an also ran conference the minute a QB has the teams mascot on their gloves.

8. silverwheels

Logos on gloves has been going on for a few years now. OU even had gloves with the OU logo on the palms against Texas Tech 2 years ago.

9. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

QBs wear gloves?

Alabama has their logo on their gloves. Is the SEC an also-ran conference?

10. soonercoop1

soonercoop1 New Member

Wasn't blaming them for leaving. I was blaming the Big12 for taking them. OU should have left Texass because the Big12 is on borrowed time...

11. SteelClip49

SteelClip49 New Member

Louisville fans think Howard Schnellenberger is their savior of football.

12. silverwheels

Nah, I think the Big 12 is here to stay now. OU's only option outside the Big 12 without Texas was the SEC, and Boren said no to them. Big 12 will be here for a while.

13. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

How does a school apply political pressure to a conference it wants an invite from?

14. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I'm not saying Mitch McConnell did this, but were I a congressman wanting a conference to do something, I would make some veiled threats about how schools in that conference would be singled out for cuts in federal research grants.

Again, for the record, I'm not saying McConnell did this nor am I saying that if he did it was a bad or wrong thing to do.

15. badger

Kentucky: My my, that's an awfully big drought you have going there in Oklahoma and Texas. It'd be a shame if you guys didn't have any bluegrass to replace all of your damaged lawns with.

16. Bxbysooner

Bxbysooner New Member

johnehoover John E. Hoover
    @ @TravHaney Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State will soon join the Mountain West, citing long-term stability.
    40 minutes ago

is he joking???

17. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

Seriously?? This Big XII leadership is so off of the board that I wonder how they can take a mornin' **** without giving themselves a shower. Doesn't look like it matters who wears the title of "commish".

West Virginia is a seriously good pickup by a league on life support. At the end of the day, it is much better than adding a team from a non-AQ conference.

The longer this crudolah drags out the worse Boren looks.

BOOMER

18. badger

I am 100 percent sure that he is.

19. 47Wins

47Wins New Member

Without getting all political in my post it seems to me that Senator McConnell would have more pressing issues on his plate without sticking his nose into college football. Butt out clown!

20. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

Is South Florida even being considered?