1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gunner Kiel

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Sabanball, Jun 6, 2011.

1. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

Back to the drawing board for LSU

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Too bad the Mad Hatter didn't get his team ready for the BIG ONE at the Mercedes Superdome...

wait...you don't suppose the outcome of that game had any effect on Kiel's recruitment, do you?
    A: Naw, it COULDN'T HAVE...heh

3. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

yes because Notre Dame had such an outstanding season........ :/

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Think it's possible he's now choosing domer for some different reasons than why he temporarily chose the tigahs?

5. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

hey......at least ND offense didn't play like dead fish's in their Bowl Game......I can see Gunner watching that game and thinking....holy crap that Miles dude is one stubborn SOB.

6. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

This guy has bounced from Indiana to LSU to Domer. To give him credit for making a logical informed decision might be giving him too much credit. I think it's just as likely that Domer was the flavor of the moment for him.

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

You think he will actually sign with the domer?

8. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I think I saw somewhere that he has enrolled already.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

We'll have to kick his behind next fall.

10. BoomerJ

BoomerJ New Member

He may have witnessed some Tigah fans up close and thought twice. He will be close to home. And yes, our players get to shake his hand and say 'good luck the rest of the season' after we spank em.

11. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Part of his decision was based on proximity to home, which was why he originally committed to Indiana.

12. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have plenty of reason to doubt him. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he's got a ton less competition at ND than he did at LSU.

13. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I disagree. He will have a lot of guys to beat if he plans to play QB at Notre Dame.

Already on campus are junior Tommy Rees, who took over after the first half of a stunning season-opening loss to South Florida and started the next 12 games; junior Andrew Hendrix, who showed promise as a change-of-pace runner and passer in Kelly’s spread offense; or untested and talented Everett Golson, who did not play last year as a freshman. Dayne Crist has transferred to Kansas.

Miles would have just handed him the keys to the car and asked him not to wreck it . . .

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'm surprised ND didn't try to back out of the Game once they heard Mike and Landry were coming back.

15. Scott D

Rees barely held onto the job, and if Kiel can be less turnover prone he'll win the job. Apparently it's already come out (and I'm sure played a huge part in Kiel's decision) that Brian Kelly is likely going to have an open competition for the starting job.

16. arklahoman36

arklahoman36 New Member

Its not exactly crowded at LSU. They have Mettenberger, who couldn't get past Jefferson or Lee on the depth chart, and a couple RS FR.

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I see Kiel a lot like Powlus at ND. Seems like a long time since they had a great QB (and Powlus wasn't one of them).

Scott D likes this.
  18. Scott D

maybe he saw Leslie's offensive playbook and it scared him off.

19. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Has Chris Simms written all over him.