1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gunner Kiel

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Sabanball, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Heard that your coaching staff has talked him into a last minute visit before he supposedly makes a decision on 6/12. Can any of you corroborate that?

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll vouch for you that you heard that because you seem like an honest guy :)

If I were an OU coach, I'd tell Gunner Kiel you can come to OU and be a Heisman winner or you can go to Bama and hand-off to one. Watching one of his highlight videos, he looks like he already knows our offense!

3. northspeter

northspeter New Member

corroborated at soonerscoop...

4. BoulderSooner79, though I personally could care less who wins the Heisman (football is a team sport), your idea of playing to a QB recruit's ego might just work. Coaches, are ya listenin'?

5. Sabanball

Supposedly he's going to make one more visit to both Norman and Tuscaloosa, from what I am reading on other boards today. And also 6/12 is not a hard date for his announcement as previously thought. That was just the date his HS coach gave out.

Also, I wonder what effect this might have....

http://twitter.com/#!/BryanDFischer/status/77883114902396928

6. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

i dont think many people thought Bradley would ever play much for our football team, even before he was guaranteed a 7 figure contract.

seems like most sites are saying Kiel was on campus in Norman today.

7. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Gunner as QB and Striker as a SS/OLB perfect names in this class.

8. w0lfe

w0lfe New Member

Going to be a lot of these Bama-OU recruiting battles for sure.
    I think if we reel in DGB, than Kiel would follow

9. BoulderSooner79

I'm not a fan of the Heisman trophy myself, just trying to be clever (okay, weak sauce). My point was that OU is much more of a QB oriented team than Bama and I don't see than changing anytime soon. But that doesn't seem to be hurting Nick's QB recruiting success.

10. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

11. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

12. NOVSooner

NOVSooner New Member

i hope that comes to pass (no pun intended), i "almost" giggled some. reel in DGB too and i may giggle out loud!

just curious, what would be the other areas of need. we have some OL commits, could prob use more and maybe some D-line,secondary? anything else?

13. Sabanball

14. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

He can be the 4th bronze statue in the last 15 years! Assuming we get one this year for Landry!

If he is not afraid to compete we will get him 4-5K passing yards a year and 30-40 TDs

15. BoulderSooner79

My guess is this doesn't hurt or help anyone and he has already decided. Just means we'll find out later.

16. Sabanball

I suppose that's true, BS79, but at this point I can't get a read on it--I'm hearing a lot of conflicting information, some of it involving Mizzou, so I'm just gonna step back and watch it play out. I'll say this, I think GK is handling this whole process very well and as mature as one can be at his age. Looks like we are going to get another visit out of him in the next week or two and both parents are coming. If true, then I am not sure why he would have decided in your guys favor, at least yet.

17. BoulderSooner79

I didn't mean to imply he has decided on OU, just that he probably has decided. Probably making the rounds one last time, just to be sure.

18. owenfieldreams

owenfieldreams New Member

Now hearing he will announce Sunday. Also hearing that ALABAMA out of it. Cannot validate one way or the other. All speculation at this time but seems to be a better than 50/50 chance that all 3 will end up Sooners. One down and two to go.

19. Sabanball

My gut agrees with you, Owen, but it's just THAT--a gut feeling or hunch-- that he'll end up in Norman, but I don't see him announcing it tomorrow. He put out an announcement just yesterday that he was putting off the announcement of his decision.

Btw, where are you 'hearing' this from? I always respect your posts, but I also recall you saying at one point during our last coaching search on another forum that there was 'no way' that Nick Saban was even talking to us.

20. owenfieldreams

owenfieldreams New Member

I cannot devulge my source and as valid as it may be, it's still not golden. The speculation revolves around a difference in opinion between the kid and his mom and apparently he has now decided to commit tomorrow, even after he said he was going to wait.

None of this could have a sliver of truth to it and there's noway I can provide a connection to the source. Scout is apparently saying it's on again tomorrow.

Apparently lots of talk between the three of them as the OU commit out of STL is trying to influence the decision of the other two. Again, all of this is pure second or third hand info so speculative at best. Hell, I wouldn't surprised if he committed to ND tomorrow. HA!