1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOP Senate nominee - victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by ictsooner7, Aug 19, 2012.

1. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

Still playing the welfare card, I see. Sorry, the numbers don't lie. You'll pay less under Obama than you will under Romney, and under Romney-Ryan, our deficit will increase. This is game, set and match for Republicans, unless you're just willing to ignore the numbers and maintain your support for other reasons.

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yer such a Dumas. Under either of em from the things Obammy has set in motion the deficit is going to KEEP increasing unless we get some one in there to control this

3. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Around here, if you quit your job, you can only collect unemployment if you are terminated or if there is just cause for you to quit. What qualifies as just cause depends on the state in which you reside. In most states, there are some allowances that let you to collect, such as a military spouse being transferred, which is understandable or if the employer violated some kind of labor law. We hired some additional full time, but temporary employees for a real busy time of year. The tax law demanded us to pay pay roll taxes on those employees at the regular rate for permanent employees. They don't allow you to prorate it if they were only with you for a short time. You have to pay the whole years worth.

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Vet, you're right about the deficit going up, but, that is relatively
    short term. The ACA will, long term, help bring down the deficit
    when it gets to close to full participation, In addition to that, Obama
    has put forth spending cuts, along with revenue increases. The ACA
    affects the health care providers, not the beneficiaries, by holding
    down some of the rising costs.

R/R's plan, repealing the ACA, will actually explode the deficit almost
    immediately. Their tax cut plans have been tried before, starting with
    Reagan. They quite simply do not work. Almost every economist
    will confirm that.

Neither side is perfect but, truth be told, there is a lesser of two evils
    here. What HAS to happen is the Congress (yeah, that bunch with the
    10% approval rating) needs to put partisanship aside and take the
    country/citizenry into account and fix this freakin' mess. JMO...

5. SoonerBread

SoonerBread New Member

Gotta see a reference here. Too much innerwebs lore running around to just take someone's word on a message board. A link to a reputable source would be awesome. I think you should find it cuz, well, you said it.

Agree 100%. These are the best two sentences I think you've written in my recent memory. Dems and Pubs can definitely agree on the above. Now, whether or not we agree on how to "fix this freakin' mess" is the rub.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

Dems and Pubs and Independents that aren't in Washington, maybe. That bunch on the Hill probably isn't salvageable.

7. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

I'm the Dumas? The numbers are clear. The Romney plan will make it worse, but he'll be spending money on the wrong things.
    Why bother? No one is changing their minds about anything. Not a damn thing. The stage is set. We'll just see how it all plays out.

8. rock on sooner

Soonerbread, please type "Does the Affordabel Care Act reduce the deficit?"
    into your search engine. I did and I got 2.4 million places to look. CBO,
    Whitehouse.gov, USNews and World Report, CNNMoney, Wikipedia are
    some of the sources...between 109 billion and 143 billion in the first 10
    years (reduction) and substantially more in the following decade, not my
    words, CBO and CNNMoney both used that phrase.

The ACA is NOT the end-all be-all but it IS a really good start and, frankly,
    light years better that what R/R want to do.

9. rock on sooner

Oh, ya prolly should spell Affordabel as Affordable, jus sayin...

10. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisconover/2012/07/26/healthcare-law-will-not-reduce-the-deficit-cb/

11. SoonerBread

SoonerBread New Member

Okay.

12. rock on sooner

13. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

We could always just print us up some more funny money, declare a special government holiday called 'China Day' and celebrate it by having a fun filled 'Kimono Night' at the White House complete with a bunch of Hollywood left wing movie celibs. :D