1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Ginobili

Discussion in 'OKC Thunder Talk' started by Fraggle145, May 29, 2012.

1. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

By "not going through enough playoff disappointments" I mean a lack of experience to win it all. And that means both players and coach. About the only guy on the team with real playoff skins on the wall is Fisher, maybe Perkins.

Also pretty sure the Mavs won the title last year, finally redeeming themselves from all those years of struggle and frustration. Would like to see the Thunder do that and make the playoffs 12 years straight. The Mavs have built and rebuilt their team around Dirk to consistently win year in and year out. The Thunder have just sucked so bad that they have a team of young lottery picks all on the same team. Lets see how good they are when they lose Harden in FA after next season and don't have the benefit of drafting in the top 5 every year.

2. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

Mavs fans are the biggest damn crybabies of any franchise. You guys follow the lead of Dirk very well.

3. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

FIFY

Oh yeah, what do you call 12 millionaires watching the NBA Finals?

4. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

To win the whole thing (if they beat San Antonio) they would have beaten 4 out of the last 6 (Dallas, LA, SA, Boston or Miami) teams to win an NBA title since the Bulls had their dynasty - the other team is Detroit.

5. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Really? So just because someone has an opinion that doesnt support your team of choice automatically makes them crybabies? What a fool. Dirk shut the mouths of all the Haters out there once and for all last year with his play on court.

I'll admit that what the Thunder have done this year is impressive. I'm just saying I don't think they have what it takes to win it all yet.

6. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Say what? dont look so hot now do they?

7. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

People that annoy you?

8. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

No, the Spurs.

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

:excitement::very_drunk:

10. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

That's not what I'm saying at all. I know several Mavs fans and they are all sour grapes whiners about the Thunder. Never giving the props that they deserve. No sweat off my balls. :D

11. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Eff em.

12. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I still like Ginobli and I still like the Spurs. They lost to a younger and better team in the Thunder.

...and I'm a Mavericks fan that is also a Thunder fan. They're sorta 1 and 1-A on my list...just not sure which one goes on top? I like the way the Thunder has been put together as a team and the way they've matured as a team before our eyes the past few years, so I'm leaning towards Thunder being my fave.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thunder vs Miami or Boston is like taking on the NY Yankees in baseball. I would think almost everyone is pulling for the Thunder.(except maybe blue state folks)

14. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

If it's Thunder-Celtics I think fandom will be more evenly split. I don't think the Celtics generate the same type, or at least as much, fan hate as the Yankees do. If it's Thunder-Heat the great majority outside Miami will be Thunder fans in the series.

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The Spurs have been one of the top teams for over a decade...

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I agree that th Celtics don't gin up the dislike as much as the Yankees or the Heat, but they are still old school, blue-staters, although they MIGHT be considered an underdog vs the Thunder.

17. Eielson

Nobody likes Paul Pierce.

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Hasn't Kevin Durant learned to keep quiet about his love for the tx cows? I sure hope he has seen the need to stifle such comments.

19. Eielson

Not that I know of. He's tweeted things, flashed the "hook em" thing in Norman, said he hates OU, and signs most of his autographs in Norman with "hook 'em" all in the last year or so. Even so, everyone and their dog has and wears Durant shirts around Norman. I personally find it a bit distasteful, but I'm not even much of a Thunder fan.

20. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

UGH! Iprolly shouldn't have asked that question. I SURE don't like the answer!