1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium is ranked lower than Boone Pickens Stadium...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by bmjlr, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

2. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

At least they got no. 1 right....:courage:

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, it DOES have neato cowboy silouettes on the gates.
    AND
    If you drive just two lights east, then turn right, go three blocks, then turn right again, go one block and fight for parking, you are at THE WORLD FAMOUS ESKIMO JOE'S.

And, really, what could possibly be better than that.

Oh, and they also have a really keen-o fast food strip about another two miles east from that. Like if you want fine dining.

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Aggie time gazette rankings ?

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I've never heard of StadiumJourney.com or whatever the hell it is.

Stadium rankings are dumb, unless they are talking about how updated or fan friendly a stadium is, it's all a matter of opinion.

Would any Sooner fan here rank Memorial Stadium below the #1 spot? I wouldn't.

6. yankee

yankee New Member

Yes.

7. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Wow. That's worse than a Bleacher Report list. In no universe is OU that low on the totem pole in terms of football stadium experience.

8. BoomerJ

BoomerJ New Member

Anyone who puts Marshal, Memphis, or Toledo and the like above a game day experience in Norman is on the crank.

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

On gameday, you would rank a stadium above Memorial stadium? Not me. There's not another stadium I would prefer to be in on a gameday.

10. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Marshall I could understand considering that it's a bunch of WV hillbillies and probably quite entertaining.

Wake Forest is ahead of OU and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that it has nothing on OU. The stadium is not on campus, rarely sells out, and usually draws more opposing fans. It's a nice stadium after the renovations, but nowhere close to the overall experience. Tailgating is the best part of the experience there.

11. oudanny

oudanny New Member

As long as we keep winning I don't care where some rag ranks us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but winning is the key.

12. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Worst. List. Ever.

13. SicEmBaylor

We and Houston are ranked above OU. That is truly a load of ****.

That list has no legitimacy whatsoever.

14. SicEmBaylor

No way is OU anywhere outside of the top 15 and probably not outside of the top 10.

15. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

The fact that Notre dame is number #2 is a ****ing joke. No TV in the stadium, Splintered wood seats, etc, etc, etc... But, but, but, its tradition!!!

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

That list wouldnt even make good toilet paper.

17. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I want to know the criteria for the rankings. I know they list some things in the article but do they pick one game and then call it as is? So if these asswipes show up during the OU/florida a&m game and ranked it compared to bama/a&m well then that is skewed as hell and that crap is rigged. Either way, i dont give a damn. BOOMER

18. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

Fan experience better at Baylor than OU? LOL!

72nd Miami
    73rd OU
    74th UT San Antonio

Nice f'ing list.

19. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

At Baylor, you can sit where you want if you are 5 minutes early. That's a pretty good experience to some.

20. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

Who cares. Win football games. Stadium experience? Loserville