1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garnett commits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by stoopified, Jan 30, 2014.

1. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

According to Myron Patton KOKH sports director.

2. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

From NewsOK:

NORMAN — Oklahoma lost one defensive line commit this week when grade issues forced Brandon Glenn to go the junior-college route.

The Sooners made up for it, though, Thursday night, when three-star New Orleans defensive tackle Courtney Garnett gave his verbal commitment to the Sooners, announcing the decision on Twitter after an in-home visit from Coach Bob Stoops and defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery.

Garnett visited Norman in mid-January and canceled planned trips to Tennessee and Oregon, but remained uncommitted until Thursday. He also picked up a late offer from Notre Dame and tweeted plans to visit there this weekend. It now appears unlikely he’ll take that trip.

The 6-foot-2, 280-pound prospect was committed to Texas, but decommitted after former coach Mack Brown’s resignation in December.

Garnett will join his St. Augustine High School teammate, two-star offensive tackle Joseph Paul, in Norman.

Verbal commitments are non-binding. Prospects cannot sign National Letters of Intent until next Wednesday.

3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Rivals has him listed as well.

4. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

...and I see 8time is all over it here on the board already also.

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Of course Garnett committed; 8time gave me a money-back guarantee on that.

6. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Take it to the bank!

FYI, I don't usually start a new thread for every commit, so if you check the site and this board specifically, look at the top thread (2014 Verbals)...I update the title with "date last updated" so you can see if a change has been made without opening the thread. Also, I'm posting any updates I have in the "Final Push for 2014" thread.

Love this pick-up. And he's getting an early start on hating Texas. Apparently, his attitude took a 180 when Brown left (although I think it had more to do with the D-line coach).

7. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good choice, Courtney. Have fun.

8. oupride

oupride New Member

Boomer!

9. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hopefully he's having a horrible time in South Bend.

10. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

...thought he decided not to go...if he did I hope he asks them why they stole OUs 'Play like a champion'

ss

11. 8timechamps

He ended up going with Stoops' "approval". Sounds like he enjoyed the trip, but it wasn't even close to swaying him. Sounds like he played video games most of the time he was there.

12. 8timechamps

Apparently, an ND beat reporter is saying that Garnett is going to delay his decision (until after NSD) because he was so impressed with ND.

I think (like almost every recruit), he's probably high on ND because he just visited, but that will soon pass. I still believe he signs with OU on Wednesday.

13. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fire Stoops for "letting" him visit ND!

14. 8timechamps

FUR STOOPS!