1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Booker transferring

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Apr 1, 2015.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

2. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought he got a good deal of PT and he certainly contributed...
    doubt he goes to a Big 12. Since he's from Atlanta...maybe Georgia St.
    Hunter's kid is a senior, I think...Frank could step right in....

3. badger

He got significant minutes off the bench, but I think that was the key --- "off the bench."

I dunno specifics about who's coming in our next recruiting class, but his minutes might have been squeezed further next year

4. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I can't blame him for wanting more playing time.

meh.

Sometimes he came in a nailed some critical 3's.

Other times he was a walking turnover machine.

Good luck with your next team Frank. I'll still miss ya.

5-0

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wish him the best, but this is good news. He wasn't getting it done, and now we have another scholarship. I think we'll be able to put it to good use. Additionally, this might mean he thinks Buddy is coming back. Maybe not, though.

6. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I won't hate on any player that works so hard to be a Sooner but Frank wasn't very athletic and wasn't very flexible. He was a stand up, spot up shooter with little else to offer. Hopefully he doesn't end up at a school like Monmouth ala hornbeak. Thanks, Frank!

7. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

No big loss.

8. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yeah, got to agree, never hate on a former player...but I don't think it'll be a big loss. I do wish him the best.

9. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Frank. I think we'll be able to replace his 5.1 points/game and his 1.5 rebounds/game, though.
    Usually when you see stuff like "I had a great experience here", "I want to thank the university", "I appreciate the coach giving me the opportunity" etc, it's a split that probably benefits both parties, and it's not a huge loss like KU losing Oubre to the NBA draft after only 1 year.
    I didn't know that KU had lost 6 Frosh in the last 6 years to the NBA though. Quote from the KC Star

10. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Oubre Jr was a freshman averaging 9.3 and 5, Booker a sophomore averaging 5 & 1.4

11. Eielson

Is there more you meant to say?

12. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Don't know if it's fair to compare Oubre Jr with Booker

13. Eielson

Oubre is way better.

14. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bye! I'd be just as good off the bench.

This guy was maddening. Good luck, Frank.

15. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

The numbers and the eye test seem to illustrate that.

16. Eielson

Then why would it be unfair to say Oubre is a bigger loss?

17. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

I would say he is a bigger loss but I don't know if Oubre Jr is a huge loss considering Jaylen Brown is on the horizon.

Just a tough comparison since Kansas seems to reload every year

18. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So sad.... the only stud we've had is Blake... over the last 15 years...mookie, wayman .....maybe king..grant....

19. badger

We had some near-studs that just didn't pan out for whatever reason. DeAngelo Alexander, Drew Lavender, Willie Warren... they either left the program early or had other issues... or both...

If Buddy stays another year he has the potential for college greatness. If not... I'll keep my fingers crossed that he ends up on a roster weak at his position so that he gets tons of NBA playing time

20. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

I really don't think Buddy goes. Right now he projects 2nd round and he is relying on college play, not potential.