1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former Husker great Lawrence Phillips suspect in jail murder

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by cvsooner, Apr 13, 2015.

1. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

2. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Didn't Dr. Tom cover his *** when he was in Lincoln?

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Somebody probably called him the "N" word.

4. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What? Nowledgable?

5. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yeah, I thought he got in trouble for beating up his GF or something like that...but was not really punished...course these days he'd be kicked off the team (rightfully so)

6. Aries

Aries Active Member

Best I remember, he got kicked off the team for the last few games of that season. But by the bowl game, Dr. Tom decided he had been rehabbed and let him play in the bowl game.

7. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He picked his gf up by the ankles and swung her head against a tree. And the sainted dr. Tom put him back on the team.

8. REDREX

REDREX New Member

He was academic all big eight at Neb----True story

9. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

IMO, the worst part of Dr. Tom & Neb's cover-up for Phillips was taking away the girl's basketball scholarship. Now that's just dirty.

10. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

Amen

11. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

He resides about 30 minutes N of me. Prison is in Delano.

12. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Are you sure you aren't confusing him with Jason Voorhies from one of the Friday The 13th movies? Pretty sure that was a method of death for a poor horny teenage camper girl in one of the sequels.

13. Eielson

Please stop using the N word around me.

14. KantoSooner

I'm remembering an SI article of the time. Clearly not personal knowledge. Perhaps the inspiration went the other way?

15. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nebbish?

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Phillips actually dragged his ex GF down the stairs by her hair after breaking into her 3rd floor apartment.SHE WAS IN BED WITH HER NEW bf,WHO HAPPENED TO BE NEXT YEAR'S STARTING QB(FROST?).

17. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Aaron Hernandez will be looking for a roommate now. Maybe they hook up?

18. Eielson

I cant' find this story.

I did find a story about him getting mad about losing a pickup game, though. He, of course, responded in the only reasonable way; by driving a stolen car onto the field at high speeds and running over a few teenagers.

This guy makes Aaron Hernandez look like a saint.

19. KantoSooner

I remember it pretty clearly; I was more easily shocked back in my youth. But, it was several decades ago and I could be putting together several different stories. I do remember the dragging the gf down the stairs and also stories about the guy running for miles naked, in the rain.

I'm not going to go searching for it and we seem to be largely in agreement about the guy's character, so I'll let it drop and assume it was my memory at fault.

20. Eielson

I'm not calling you a liar. I just was hoping to find the story (I mean...I wish it wasn't true...but if it was, I wanted to verify it).