1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football commit #16: WR DeDe Westbrook

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Nov 26, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Recruiting has picked up this week and the Sooners added commit #16 to the 2015 class with JUCO WR DeDe Westbrook. Westbrook was considered one of the top JUCO players available this year, and will have two years to play two years. It's an interesting addition to the team, as there is quite a bit of young talent on the roster already. I don't know if the addition of Westbrook means that DGB is leaving after this year, but it could be a sign leading to that direction.

Westbrook comes to Norman from Blinn college (the same school that produced Cam Newton). He held 12 offers from the following schools:

Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    Utah
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Memphis
    Missouri
    Southern Miss
    Texas State
    Texas Tech
    Washington State
    West Virginia

His size and skill set make him a versitale receiver with the ability to play inside or outside. He has deceptive speed, and the ability to split defensive secondaries. Could add about 10 pounds to his frame without giving up any of his speed or jumping ability. Looks to be a plug and play type player, and could contribute early. Westbrook is an early graduate and a candidate for a spring enrollment.

2. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nice. We need WR help.

3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I thought Cam was from Navarro?

4. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Looked it up - I was WRONG!