1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat billed baseball caps

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by jkjsooner, May 28, 2012.

?

How do you wear your ball caps

1. Traditional curved bill

48 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. Flat bill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't wear 'em.

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I was watching some college baseball and noticed that almost none of them have any curve at all in the bill of their hats. I kind of noticed it over the last few years but never bothered to think about it until now.

When did this trend start? It looks pretty dorky and I can't imagined what would have happened if I would have tried that back in my high school days. I guess I'm just admitting to be old...

I suppose it's no different than the dorks who used to roll their bills like a taco.

What I don't get is how the hats fit properly. I guess you buy them made to fit that way, right?

So I decided to watch some MLB after watching the college guys. Looks like most MLB players wear their hat the traditional way. I'm trying to figure out if there's any functional advantage to wearing a non-curved bill. I suppose you can wear them a little lower so you shield the sun a little more in the middle while giving up some peripheral shielding.

2. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I roll mine mine like a taco, not actually like a taco. It has to be like a cowboy hat with personality.

3. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Flat billed caps=automatic *********.

4. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm fairly sure they got that from the African-American fellows.

5. JiuJitsuSooner

JiuJitsuSooner New Member

It started as more of a skater/surf/west coast style, its been everywhere in cali/az/vegas for the last 7-8 years, now it's really becoming popular everywhere..

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i always saw the urban youth with the flat bills and the stickers and tags intact like it just came from the store

7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Popular only within a certain age group. It's gansta if you ask me, which is ok if you're out and about, but it looks ****ing stupid in baseball and golf.

8. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm living overseas and I'm lost here. There really is a fad for a flat bill baseball cap? Is that right? Off the top of my head, I can't think anything more stupid than this, except possibly bell bottom pants.

9. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Yes, it's one of those fads that make me want to leave the country. It was a west coast thing that is permeating into our slice of the USA.

I think it's a sign of major *********gery.

10. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Another year or two, it will be all over.

Gangsta fads start and progress slower than mainstream fads. Anyone remember the stupid fad about 1979-80 or so with the batting helmets?

11. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I don't wear baseball caps at all, but I just assume anyone wearing a flat bill is either a wanna-be, stupid, or a doosh...maybe all 3.

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Does it block the sun better if it's flat? I mean, that's why a cap has a bill in the first place, amirite?

13. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

14. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Here's OU's roster.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/okla-m-basebl-mtt.html

There's a slight variance but none wear them the traditional way.

15. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

It ain't new, and it ain't taking the country over. A bunch of dillweed little teenagers saw some gangsta rapholes doing it and thought it was groovy. Then, some other dillweed little faggoty skater boys saw it and started doing it. Finally, some little dillweed baseball players started doing it.

It's gay, it's lame, and it's hopefully going away soon.

16. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"Can you believe the kids these days! Look at dem damn hats!" The Babe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Flat bills remind me of Jesper Parnevik

Classic dork.

5-0

18. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I don't get the ridonkulous stupid trends with hats the last ten years. I'm pretty sure that the flat bill trumps the stupid azzed tilted thing of 6 years ago ...

[​IMG]

Of course, you have this doosher being the cover boy of the flat bill craze...

[​IMG]

19. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Yeah, and what's with the hat over the ears? I mean WTF?

20. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

As of last season, we still curved-billed it at our house. And, you'll probably catch us at the opener in El Paso in curved-bill as well: You can't teach an old dog stupid tricks.

[​IMG]