1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final push for the 2014 class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we close out with Quick and Parker, I'd be pretty thrilled with our post-Sugar Bowl haul.

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lost a DT today, likely to grades and JUCO

3. oupride

oupride New Member

What position do you see Quick playing possibly? Anyone know? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else. Thanks.

4. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

He could be a corner or receiver. It seems as though most signs point to him playing a slot receiver role but you know how positions can change once in college.

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I addressed this somewhere in this thread a week or so ago(I know, it's long). OU actually knew about three weeks ago.

6. 8timechamps

OU originally started recruiting him at DB, but he made it clear pretty early on that he wants to play WR. I think he'll end up on offense, and possibly as a KR.

7. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Courtney Garnett, 3-star DT, committed to OU today on Coach Stoops' in-home visit. He is the teammate of Joseph Paul.

8. 8timechamps

This was not a huge surprise, but with Notre Dame sniffing around it had gotten a little more interesting.

9. SoonerofAlabama

Had me worried because Notre Dame was pushing hard for another DT commit.

10. 8timechamps

I felt like he was a solid OU lean, but they did make a late push. They may have had a better shot if they had gotten in much earlier. OU had already offered well before Garnett committed to Texas, so we were in a good spot after he de-committed.

Glad he's a Sooner.

BoulderSooner79 likes this.
  11. 8timechamps

FYI:

If anyone is checking the "2014 Verbal Commit" list (at the top of this forum), I am not removing Brandon Glenn until signing day. There is still a chance (very slim) that he could qualify. He's committed to a JUCO, but trying everything possible to end up at OU.

Like I said, the odds are very low that he will end up a Sooner this year, but I'm keeping him listed until it's "official".

With the commit by Garnett, we may not see another commit until NSD. Deondre Clark is waiting until the 10th to sign (anywhere), otherwise the remaining targets (with the possible exception of Frison) in my initial post are expected to announce on signing day.

12. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Still think the funny thing is that Texas people are trying to say "oh, he was going to be an academic casualty anyway." until his grades and scores came out, then ND showed up in the picture. Texas fan still has egg on face. :D

13. 8timechamps

Yeah, that was good. I'm pretty sure he posted his grades and test scores on Twitter just for that reason. He seems to really (REALLY) sour on Texas after Mack left. That's the way I like 'em!

14. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He is still taking his trip to ND this weekend, fwiw

15. SoonerofAlabama

The coaches allowed him to so they must be feeling pretty confident about his commitment.

16. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

UPDATE: Courtney is going to take the trip to Notre Dame. However he told me that Oklahoma is “letting” him go. I’ve talked to Courtney enough to know that he wants to take trips. Can’t really blame him. He definitely wanted to take the trip to Oregon for the fun of it.
    Recent Evaluations

17. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

18. 8timechamps

Update regarding Dre Clark:

Deondre has cancelled his plans to play in the International Bowl (USA/Canada) next weekend, so he has changed his announcement date. He will now announce on NSD.

19. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

I don't know. Sort of like getting engaged and being told she will still be seeing her old boyfriend.

20. SoonerofAlabama

For any wondering, three of our final four targets have set their decision times on National Signing Day.

Kenyon Frison 8:30 a.m. NSD
    Steven Parker 12:00 p.m. Feb. 4th
    Michiah Quick 5:00 p.m. NSD
    Deondre Clark 2:00 p.m. NSD

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014