1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final push for the 2014 class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Jan 8, 2014.

1. JiminyChristmas

JiminyChristmas New Member

Win a basketball game, lose a football recruit?

Someone at the game said Clark family wasn't happy about some of the comments to Stevie about recent troubles. Not happy with OU fans.

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tell me a kid didn't get dogged for being suspended twice in half a season by his biggest rival? Good story

3. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The heck did they expect?

4. picasso

Heh heh.

5. PalmBeachSooner

PalmBeachSooner New Member

Freakin' Tennessee already has 72 commits. How many more can they take?

6. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

My opinion on Clark has changed after last nights little tantrum. That was a loaded tweet by him, knowing that this is what happens. And not just to rival players but opposing players of ANY TEAM!!!! Grow up and best of luck in Baton Rouge!

7. oupride

oupride New Member

Wow, thanks for the info.

8. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I know most will disagree with me, and that is fine. I just do not appreciate the dog and pony show that was put on over harmless fun. I mean seriously, what did they expect? Ignore the color orange because his brother is a OU recruit? Not a chance in hell!

9. REDREX

REDREX New Member

I would hate to think a Basketball game cost us a good Football player------Who cares about Basketball

10. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

I don't! I found his entire act to be downright insulting...

11. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Thing is, if thinks the OU fanbase is so terrible, he ain't seen NOTHIN' yet until he gets to Baton Rouge. I think that's the one thing that OU & UT fans (as well as any other team in the SEC) can agree on.

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't know what was said, but honestly I was trying to remember that last non-bench guy the I've seen foul out with that much time left on the clock. I had no idea that he was even related to a recruit and I was thinking "what an undisciplined idiot".

13. picasso

Steve Clark is the two time state POY I do believe.

14. cherokeebrewer

It was just the regular "Sit down" chant after Stevie fouled out...fairly harmless in a rivalry matchup, but him & him mom apparently took offense...he blamed it on the Sooner Nation refs. Out of respect, he could have also left his LSU cap in the car...His heart seems to be with LSU. If that's the case, he should go there...

15. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Clark commits to OU, we'll love him. If not, we'll either hate him or feel compelled to pull out the 'ol trusty "we'll win without him" line. No reason to start the hate early ;)

16. cherokeebrewer

Hate is a strong emotion, not one I would ever feel toward a recruit...

17. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

didn't see it...if THAT is what turns him another way..wow, so be it. Grow up...does he actually think if it was reversed osu/lsu whoever would think twice about it? lol. The prima donna attitude is not good.

18. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm thinking he's looking for reasons to not go to OU. And that's fine. As others have said, if he expected OU fans to cheer for OSU just because Dre's brother plays for them, he has no understanding of sports or rivalries. The "sit down" thing was incredibly mild for a rivalry game. And honestly, if you'd approached a bunch of OU fans and said "hey, Dre Clark is in attendance", 99% of them would've said "who?". If he comes to OU, great. He seems like a good talent. But if he'd rather go to LSU (or somewhere else), then he should definitely do that.

19. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I didn't realize that Dre was related to Stevie. If he's anything like his older brother, then we don't want him. No matter how talented, Stevie is not the kind of kid you want on your team.

20. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Also, that "left, right, left, right, sit down" chant is pretty much standard protocol. Was this his first basketball game or something? The "Smart you suck!" chants were about the farthest thing from classy, but I'm not going to complain.